1 * FRESH * 1

JESS

"Come on Jess! It'll be so much fun, I went to the end of the year party before summer!" She whines, tugging my arm as she falls to her knees on our carpeting.

"Sam, the new semester starts on Monday! The fair is tomorrow, and I have to be there to help hand out fliers for student government to represent the freshman class." I remind her, raising an eyebrow as I pull away from her and collapse onto the couch.

"Okay, how about I promise you that we'll be home by eleven? Eleven thirty at the latest! It's going to be the biggest party of the year, Jess!" She shrieks, grabbing back onto my hand.

I roll my eyes and shove her off, feeling my wall shattering as I become more and more susceptible to her constant begging.

"Please! We said no parties without each other this year! I really want to go with Louis! He's so cute Jess, please!"

I finally turn to meet her puppy dog eyes and her smile grows as soon as she can see the defeat on my face.

"You totally want to go! I can tell!" She squeals, bounding onto the couch from the floor and wrapping her arms around me.

I laugh as she continues screeching, already obsessing over what she's going to wear. She stumbles up from the couch and runs to her closet, holding up various pairs of ripped jeans to her paper thin frame.

"This?" She asks holding up a pair of black jeans and a skin-tight tshirt that says "bite me".

I laugh, nodding my head and walking over to my own closet to decide what on earth I could wear to this stupid party. My eyes lock onto a plain white, form fitting dress at the back of my closet. I take it out just to get a glimpse of it but before I've even held it up in front of the mirror Sam is squealing.

"Yes! You have to wear that!" She gasps, reaching for the thin fabric and grabbing her white sandals from the corner by the door, "And these match perfect!"

"So do these." I smirk, holding up a pair of white converse.

She shoves the outfit onto my bed and gets to prepping her sleek blonde hair. She plugs in the crimper as she brushes her teeth twice, making sure to gargle some mouthwash before Louis gets here to pick us up.

"You better be getting dressed!" She calls over her shoulder, braiding the sides of her hair back into a fauxhawk.

HARRY

I walk in the door to a living room covered in streamers and balloons littering the floor. I kick a pathway to the kitchen to see Niall setting up a keg while Louis is stood on a chair, taping more blue streamers to the ceiling.

"What the hell?"

"It's the last Friday before the new semester starts! We've got to have a party!" Niall shouts, reaching up to high five Louis before returning his attention to the keg.

I shake my head, grabbing a beer bottle out of the fridge and walking back to the decoration covered living room. Everywhere I step, I'm tripping on balloons as I make my way to the boombox. I extend the antenna and switch it on, shuffling through radio stations until the static dies out and I can hear the opening lyrics of We Built This City by Starship.

"What time is everyone coming?" I ask, turning back to both of them.

"I said it started at eight," Niall shrugs, looking over his shoulder at the clock, "people will probably be here in like half an hour."

Suddenly Louis jumps, nearly falling off his chair as he squints his eyes to look at the clock hung on the wall behind Niall.

"Shit! It's almost eight! I've got to pick up Sam!" He stutters, climbing down from his chair and stumbling back to the front door.