Accident

Katniss' POV

"Wake up!" Effie yells outside of our door. Ugh. No, it's like 4am.

After about a minute, I hear the door burst open and a gasp. "Again?!" I hear her say.

"Go away!" I mumble and throw a pillow, which probably didn't hit her.

"Have you got any idea what's happened?" She asks.

"Have you got any idea what time it is?" I reply, and snuggle closer to Peeta.

"Yes! Because I haven't got a wink of sleep yet!" I sit up, expecting Effie to be drunk or something. Why is it my problem that she hasn't got any sleep yet? And why hasn't Peeta woken up yet?

"Why is that my problem?" I ask.

Effie puts her fingers to her temples for a few moments, before sitting at the foot of the bed, which is way longer than Peeta and I's bodies legs anyway.

"They know." She answers. What does she mean by that?

"What do you m-" I manage to utter out before being interrupted.

"There was a clip. In Annie's vlog, of you and Peeta." Effie hesitated before saying the last part.

It feels like my whole world is crashing down. This perfect sanctuary I have built up is now being crashed down by what's happened. "What were we doing?" I ask.

"Well, Peeta had just come off stage. And, Annie was talking but in the back ground all you could see was you and Peeta kiss." Effie says.

Tears start to stream down my face. "Peeta." I whisper in his ear.

Nothing. "Peeta, baby." I say again, shaking his arm a bit. "Please." I choke out with a sob.

This time, he stirs before opening his eyes. When he realises I'm crying he immediately sits upright and wipes my tears away. "What's wrong?"

"There was a video." I reply, trying to hold in a sob. I look over to Effie and wait for her to say something.

Effie repeats everything she told me whilst I hold on to Peeta's arm and bury my face in his chest. Even though he's not wearing a top, and there's nothing to soak up my tears, it works just as well.

When Effie's finished, Peeta's arms snake around my small frame and he rests his head on my bare shoulder.

"I'll leave you two for a few minutes, but you're wanted downstairs." Effie mentions before leaving.

"What are we going to do?" I ask Peeta, as we remain in the same position.

"I really don't know if there's anything we can do." He replies, and by the sounds of it, he's crying too.

"It's all going to be okay, as long as we're together." I say, not much louder than a mere whisper.

Peeta squeezes me harder before letting go completely. We both get out of bed and put on some pyjamas and slippers before making our way downstairs.

When we reach the reception, I'm almost blinded by flashes. I try and look into the direction of where they're coming from, and discover that they're coming from behind the huge glass doors of the entrance. Several body guards are keeping the doors closed, but there's no doubt that the photos will be enough for a front page article in every newspaper and magazine in the world.

"Through here." I hear Haymitch call out.

Peeta pulls me in the direction of the voice, as I'm blinded by the lights.

We come to an array of chairs and the rest of the group. I sit down on one and Peeta takes the chair next to it.

"This is a very serious situation." Haymitch announces when we're settled.

I glance around and my eyes land on Annie, who's crying into Finnick's arm. She looks up and her eyes lock with mine.

"I'm so sorry Katniss. I had no idea that it was there, I would never do this on purpose!" Annie utters out.

I smile and pull her into a hug. "It's not your fault, Ann. They were gonna find out some day, right?"

I repeat the same thing that I've been telling myself for the past fifteen minutes. Annie slowly nods her head and I pull away and sit back in my chair.

"What are we gonna do?" Peeta asks.

Haymitch shakes his head and puts his hands up. "I've no idea, but our only option is to continue as normal and try to avoid the press as much as possible until you two are ready to make an announcement."

Me and Peeta nod. So, for now, we're just another part in the media's games.