Fans

Peeta's POV

Katniss and I do nothing all day. We just lay on our bed, in each other's embrace, drifting in and out of consciousness.

I'm so sick of this life I have in the limelight of the world. Katniss is all I've ever wanted, and now I have her it's as if she's going to fall out of my reach.

We uploaded the video earlier, when we returned from Annie and Finnick's room. I can understand why Katniss was upset, I was, am, too. It feels as if all of our friends used us as the test before they do it. Surely if they truly loved each other they wouldn't care like Katniss and I? Maybe we love each other more than they do.

We've been too afraid to check our social media accounts because of what people might think of us. It's been kind of nice just laying with Katniss with no distractions of the outside world, yet my anxiety is eating away at me as every passing minute flies by.

"Are you two in there?" I hear a small voice squeak from outside our door.

I sigh and let out a long, deep breath I didn't realise I was holding in. "Yes." I reply, tired of life. I nestle my head back into the crook Katniss' neck. Because of her even, silent breaths, I assume she is asleep.

None other than Effie Trinket pops her head around the corner of the door before stepping fully in. "You do have a concert tonight, you know?" She asks.

I slowly nod my head and look away; I'm too angry to speak to her properly at the minute, and I don't want to wake Kat.

"So are you going to come down to the foyer then? Everyone's waiting for you." She replies, sympathy slightly catching in her voice.

"No. I don't want to go with anyone else to the concert. Me and Kat will meet you there." I reply, still not catching her gaze.

I can almost feel the annoyance radiating from her body. "But-"

"No but. You have no idea what we have to face right now. And with us being your test dummies, I'd prefer it if I didn't have to sit with a bunch of my friends that are all avoiding the elephant in the room. Don't you see? Me and Katniss love each other, and no one will come between that, not even the press. We need to get through this together, not with the manipulation of you or Haymitch." I reply, trying not to raise my voice, but clearly voicing my emotional opinion.

"I'm sorry you don't want to join us, but Peeta, we're all here for you. We just want to be cautious - you need to come with us, you don't know the line up!" Effie replies, putting her foot down. I swear I saw her hair move slightly. I'm positive she doesn't wear a wig, right?

"I do. I know all the line ups for the rest of the tour. I wrote most of it." And with that, Effie leaves us in peace.

After a few minutes, I decide to wake Katniss.

I place my lips on her soft ones, and smile. Her eyes flutter open and she meets my gaze with a smile.

"Sorry Kat, but we have to go to the concert now." I whisper softly. Katniss frowns. "But I'm driving, we're not joining the rest of the group."

Katniss nods and gets ready, taking as long as usual whilst I change into what I'll be wearing on stage and doing my hair, seeing as I probably won't have enough time whilst I'm there.