The concert and other shinanigans

Katniss' POV

I take my laptop with me to the concert so that I can upload the vlog, well, I edited it earlier but I just need to upload it.

We drove there in a huge limousine with tinted windows and everything, there was even a TV and fish tank in the car.

When we arrived at the show, there was gigantic crowds of hundreds of screaming girls shouting the boys names. Before we all got out of the limo, all us girls looked really uncomfortable with everyone not knowing we were dating.

"Remember, you can't let anyone know yet." Haymitch says, noticing our unease. "They need to work things out. Girls, remember today you had to show a lot of time with your guy in the vlog? Yeah, well that's hinting at the fans that you're close. Really close."

We all nod and step out of the car. At first, all of the teenage girls looked confused to see us girls, but when they realised who we were they started screaming our names as well.

There are several TV and news interviewers waiting on the red carpet to interview us, and an interviewer for a company titled 'Panem Today' ran over to me and Peeta.

"Hello, my name is Morgan. Is it okay if I interview you two for our YouTube channel? We're called Panem Today and we provide interesting and appealing news for teenagers and young adults." The interviewer asks.

"Sure." Me and Peeta reply. Morgan motions her camera crew over and they start filming.

"So, the international YouTube star Katniss Everdeen is seen on the red carpet with lead singer of the world famous band, Tributes Training at their concert tonight." Morgan states. She turns to us. "So, Katniss. Why are you and the girls, Annie, Johanna, Madge, Glimmer and Clove with the boys tonight?"

"Well," I start, remembering what Effie and Haymitch told us to say earlier if we were ever asked, "The managers of the band asked us girls to come along on the tour, seeing as we're close to the guys." Peeta nods.

"Oh really? How do you know each other enough to be close?" She asks.

Woah, these interviewers really know how to dig in deep.

"We went to high school together, and recently reunited for our five year school reunion." Peeta answers. Peeta is so good with public speaking. I'm not saying that I'm not, I am, I do it as my job. It's just, he lies better than I do.

"How cute! So, we'll be seeing more of the girls hanging around then, Katniss?" She asks.

"Of course, a lot more." I reply, and add a chuckle at the end.

"Hmm, maybe a romance will blossom?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

Oh no, I feel my cheeks rise up to about 100 degrees. Great.

"We'll have to wait and see." Peeta replies before dragging me off inside the building.

We wait for the rest of the group to arrive in the building, so meanwhile I open up my laptop and start to upload my vlog.

Once everyone has arrived, we all sit in a circle and start to chat about what happened with the reporters. All the girls appear to have had the same idea as me about bringing their laptops, so they're all lined up on a table in the corner.

"You did good out there." Effie says.

"Thanks." Marvel says. We all nod in agreement.

"Um," Peeta starts, causing everyone go look in his direction. "Me and Katniss got asked if there was a romance blossoming, so we said we'll have to wait and see. Was that right to say that?"

"Yes! Yes, that's exactly perfect. We want everyone to start guessing and start shipping you couples, and then, each of you start showing love in public, and bam! That's that." Haymitch replies. I sigh in relief, and so does everyone by the sound of it.

Effie looks at her watch and immediately jumps up. "We have a schedule to follow! Boys, and Haymitch, follow me!"

All the boys get up, and kiss their girls goodbye. When Peeta's lips touch mine, it feels like my stomach is going to explode. This happens every time he kisses me. He makes me nervous, like a school girl crushing.

"I'll see you when you're backstage and I'm on stage." He whispers. "Though, I don't know how I'm gonna manage to keep myself from kissing you."

I giggle, and before I know it, Peeta's getting ready backstage.

I sit down at my laptop and start tweeting. Already, people are tweeting pictures of me and Peeta. Maybe this will be easier than I thought.

Once my vlog has finished uploading, I close my laptop down and relax, for five minutes until we're called to the side stage to watch the boys.

They're really good, but when they start playing a tune us girls don't recognise, they confuse us.

"This is a new song, that we agreed on performing tonight. We can relate to this actually quite a lot lately." Finnick says.

They start playing and Peeta starts singing.

When I need motivation
My one solution is my queen
Cause she' stay strong (yeah yeah)
She is always in my corner
Right there when I want her
All these other girls are tempting
But I'm empty when you're gone
And they say

Do you need me
Do you think I'm pretty
Do I make you feel like cheating..
And I'm like no, not really cause

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her
Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her

She walks like a model
She grants my wishes like a genie in a bottle (yeah yeah)
Cause I'm the wizard of love
And I got the magic wand
All these other girls are tempting
But I'm empty when you're gone
And they say

Do you need me?
Do you think I'm pretty?
Do I make you feel like cheating..
And I'm like no, not really cause'

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her
Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her

She gives me love and affection
Baby did I mention, you're the only girl for me
No I don't need a next one
Mama loves you too, she thinks I made the right selection
Now all that's left to do
Is just for me to pop the question

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her
Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her

The crowd go crazy and the boys run off of the stage for the half time.

Peeta runs off stage and into my embrace and kisses me passionately on the lips.

When we break away, Clove asks, "Was that last song about us?" The boys nod. "Who else?" Gale replies.

The rest of the concert flies by, and we all have a really good time. All of the boys are really talented, and we're so lucky to be friends with them, and most importantly date them.

We all get back into the limousine at the end of the night, and stumble to our hotel rooms, tired. When me and Peeta reach ours, we collapse onto the bed and fall straight to sleep, too tired to get changed or ready for bed.

🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸
Hey guys!

The song used in this chapter is Cheerleader by OMI.

Sorry I'm slacking with updating on my stories, I'm really behind and haven't written most of them yet. So please give me some time to catch up?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I tried to make it quite long.

What do you think of Haymitch and Effie's plan?

More up soon!