Arriving Home

We arrive at The Seam at around 3am in the morning.

Everything is so much more natural here than in the Capitol.

The hotel we stay in has the nicest bed I've slept in since forever.

I fall straight to sleep and don't wake up until I hear someone whispering my name in my ear and shaking my shoulder.

"What?" I ask.

"It's morning and breakfast is ready." Finnick says.

I roll out of bed and realise that I have slept in my clothes from the day before.

I throw on a pair of white shoes and walk down the stairs to join the others at breakfast.

Of course, there are others that are staying at this hotel so some people know who we are and some people are begging us for pictures.

"The group are only here for breakfast and to come home for a bit, so we would appreciate it if you treated them like normal people." Effie says.

As on cue, everyone turns away and continues eating their meal.

"That was easy." Gale mumbles laughing.

I tuck into my breakfast - eggs, bacon, toast, beans, sausages and mushrooms.

They call it a full English here but I don't get why.

I guess it's from England, but I don't know.

When breakfast is over I head back to my room to get changed into something appropriate for the reunion.

It's in 5 hours but it will take 4 hours to drive there, seeing as the Seam is a very large place.

I take off my clothes, grab a towel and get into the shower.

When I was a kid, I used to laugh and play with the water in the shower.

As a teen, I used to sing in the shower.

Now I just think about life and if I made the right choice.

I wash my hair and body and get back out.

I dry myself off and hair dry my hair.

I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a navy button up and a suit jacket.

I've been trained to wear this sort of clothes now and I'm actually starting to like it. Oh no.

They'll start sending our band to Punk Rock 101 soon.

Just as I am putting on a pair of black chuck Taylor's, the rest of the boys walk into my room.

"You're gonna see her again." Marvel says.

"I know." I reply.

"Dude, we're all seeing the girls we haven't stopped thinking about since Highschool today. Remember Glimmer, well yeah. You will see her today." Finnick says to Marvel.

"Yeah, well how could I forget about Glimmer Johnson?" Marvel mumbles.

He's been in love with her ever since he first saw her. But all the girls we liked were in a different group to us so we never got to hang out.

Besides, we spent most of our free time in the rehearsal studio

Who'd like a guy like me?

I've always liked this girl since kindergarten. When I first heard her sing.

Her hair was in two braids instead of one.

The teacher asked who knows the valley song and her hand shot straight up.

My mom used to love her dad.

She said that whenever her dad sang the birds would fall silent.

I tried to listen a few times but I never got close enough to tell.

In Highschool, she used to wear these yellow shoes, she was obsessed with them.

She'd always wear them.

"Hello??" Cato exclaims.

"What?" I say.

"You were out of it, we need to go now." Marvel says.

I nod and pick up my bags and walk down to the lobby.

I load my bags onto the coach waiting outside and board it.

I sit in a seat and wait for the four hours to fly by.

I think of books that I've read that are based on one night. Nick and Norah's infinite playlist, where she went...

So much can happen in one night.

Hopefully tonight will go well.

I need to tell her.

I can't just ignore the fact that I've been in love with her since kindergarten and not tell her. I mean, I've wrote a song about her.

It was Tributes Training's first number one, and I hoped that she would hear it and know how I felt about her.

Whether she did or not is another matter.

I close my eyes for what seems like a few minutes and we are there.

Outside Hunger High.

Our highschool.

We all get off the coach and wave goodbye to Effie, who drives off in the coach.

We must've arrived right on time because people are entering the building.

I'm nervous but I don't know why - I went to school with these people.

"Am I the only one that's nervous?" Finnick asks.

"I am." The rest of the boys answer.

"Great." Gale says.

We enter the building and tick our names off of the list.

We go and sit at a table and take a drink.

There's alcohol so I just take a small glass, I don't want to get wasted tonight.

I'm just about to take the first sip when I hear a voice behind me.

"Peeta?" It asks.

🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

Hey guys!

Who do you think the voice came from?

Are you enjoying it so far?

More up soon!