Chapter 8

Lin's POV

I woke up early today for a reason... I'm on a mission! I have to get past Kita's room, past Hayley's ugly ass fucking cat that's sleeping in front of the door and then go downstairs, past the kitchen where Lizzy is most probably rating, out the door and then towards Jerome who had agreed to take me to the RSPCA so I could complete my mission!

I sneak past Kita's room quietly and move around the ugly rat on the floor, past the stairs and take a deep breath. I look into the kitchen where Lizzy's on the countertop meditating with a bag of chips in her hands, saying 'Ome' and pushing a chip in her mouth.

I tiptoe past her and quietly exit out the front door and silently turning around, only to have my hart fall through my ass when I saw Calum standing right behind me with an innocent expression.

"What ya doing?" he asks like Isabella on Phineas and Ferb. My eyes widen when I see Ashton walk up to the house in the distance with Luke who looks in though from what I can tell. Ashton's probably giving him advice on something. My bet is on Hayley.

I quickly grab Calum's arm and tug him with me in the backseat of the car Jerome was in. He then starts the car and we're on our way to complete my mission! My soul purpose!

We drive by a frowning Luke and Ashton but I ignore it and look over at a wide eyed Calum. "I like you Lin, but not like that... Stealing me to go on a secret date is kind of mean towards Michael, you know... Bro code," Calum says awkwardly, making me cringe and give him a disgusted face.

"I don't like you! I was on a mission and you saw me so you're evidence," I tell him as I let out an involuntarily shiver in disgust. Calum looks at me with a hurt puppy look that soon turns into fear.

"You're not kidnapping me, are you? You're not going to sell me to rapists and let them kill me, would you?!" he starts to panic. "Don't be so flattered Calum, you're not that pretty. They would probably not even buy you," I tell him obviously.

He starts making the faces he makes when he's beaten or when he starts to argue, causing me to shush him from even starts talking, right when we stop at the RSPCA.

I jump out of the car and run up to the doors, entering it and heading over to the counter, "I'm here for my puppy?" I tell the lady, causing her to smile brightly. I had bought a puppy online by them and all I have to do now is sign the paperwork and she's all mine!

She hands me the paperwork and I sign in all the places that needs to. You're probably wondering why it's my mission to get my puppy, well for one; the girls don't know, and two; Kita dislikes dogs highly and Hayley doesn't like the attention of dogs and says they irritate her, and three; I'll have to let her stay in Hayley's house until we go back to LA so I could take her to our house there, because my dad's allergic to dogs.

The irony is that Hayley's dad is allergic to cats but he lets her keep them, probably because it's a bigger house and only 2 cats... for now.

I give the woman the papers and she lifts a tiny dog carrier, just when I notice Calum behind me frowning, "Your mission... was to get a dog...?" he asks, looking at me funny.

"Well it's a mission because of Hayley and Kita who are epic cat lovers and dogs just don't sit well with Hayley. Her grandma's dog killed all her other animals. That and they irritate her, she likes giving attention, and she hates receiving it. Also she hates the fleas," I tell him shrugging as I pick up the carrier and the bags with wood in them.

Calum and I head back to the car and I place the carrier between us as I place the blanket I had put in the car the night before over it.

When we stop at the house I quickly move the cage behind me and Calum helps by standing behind me, causing us to sandwich the carrier.