Chapter 29.

Beneath the Brine by The Family Crest

I think this song is perfect for a battle scene.

Also look at the awesome cover loveforromance3 made me.

I am currently fanning over Brotherhood of Cain by Makingmyownworld  I love it! Go check it out :)

I'm really sorry for this late update. I had family drama over Christmas then I was gone for a week, so half this chapter was written off my phone. Now I have my lovely computer back and now we fight.

ITS SAM WEN!! I CHANGED HIS LAST NAME A BIT BECAUSE IT WAS CONFUSING AF LOL.

WARNING: It's about to get bloody and a little gory.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

There were a little over a hundred and fifty warriors preparing for battle. When it comes to battles, every warrior dressed in black.

Death

There weren't enough of us, but we weren't going down without a fight. The women dressed in light armor and men in only bottoms, prepared to shift.

"This is bullshit," on female warrior growled. "You know, there was once a time women were able to shift."

"Yeah," an older women mutters, sticking throwing knives in her boots. "But that's what reduced our population. Sure, we can control the shift sometimes but when it comes to full moons, all control is lost. The shift was killing the pups in our wombs, so we evolved. Nobody knows how, but we did."

"Still think it's bullshit."

"Then how can we still grow canines?" A young blonde girl asked. She must be at least 18, clueless and beautiful no doubt but I'm not sure she would survive this battle. Her posture was small, thin and you could practically smell the fear oozing from her pores. She was an easy target.

The older woman shrugged, tattooed arms flexing as she sharpened her sword. "To tear out peoples throats."

"And to mark our mates," I intervened. "The canines are part of the mating process. Considering we are still slightly in touch with our beasts, we can grow them. Like she said, we evolved but in the weirdest way possible."

The first girl snorted, her black hair was so dark is almost looked indigo. "Well, I personally don't care for the mate and pups thing. Id rather shift and eat the faces off those fucking witches than become a soccer mom for the rest of my life. Don't need a possessive asshole when I can take care of myself."

"Amen to that," half the female warriors muttered. I smiled at their strength and domination.

"What's your name?" I asked her. She was a member of Landyn's pack.

Her cold blue eyes met my stare. "Mania. Parents named me after the goddess of death and insanity," her smile was full of mischief, "but my brother calls me Sunshine." How ironic.

I nod. "I'm LeeAna."

"I know." Of course she does.