Pool Party

It was a pool party-only for the ABC. Grantaire was completely sober-Enjolras drunk as hell. "I'm the master of your house!" Enjolras took a swig of beer and wrapped his arm around Grantaire. It went on like that all night-so Enjolras only hung in the hot tub. None of them approved of letting him swim drunk, so they set switched shifts watching him play with the bubbles of the jets in the tub. Joly-staying out of the water until he was done testing the amount of chlorine in the water in comparison to the number of people in the pool-and to the appropriate number of bacteria on each person, all before setting a toe in the pool. Then, he applied two coats of SPF 115, like you would nail polish, and let it dry for 10 minutes. Everyone thinks he's crazy, but Musichetta seems to like it. Courfeyrac, busy with Jehan and gardening the flowers next to the pool-left Combeferre reading "100 Things You Didn't Know About Skimboarding." Grantaire, eyeing Enjolras from the other side of the pool, threw Gavroche into the deep end and shouted, "That's for bringing him his first beer," he brought out a twenty as Gavroche climbed out, "and this is for bringing him more." He swam over to the cooler and brought Enjolras a Bud Lite-64 Calories, he knew he was on a diet. "Ohhh, well look what my love has brought me back." Enjolras smiled and downed half the bottle, Grantaire frozen. "L-love?" "I loooooooove you, R." Enjolras had a smug look on his face, and planted one on Grantaire's cheek. The rest of the night, all of the ABC sat around the campfire, telling stories, sharing secrets, and going over water balloon battle maps-something Enjolras loved to do when he was sober. The smell of hickory smoke soaked into their hair, they ate all theJunk food in Bahorel's pantry-which was surprisingly a lot. When Grantaire got home, he never wanted to shower. He wanted the smell of hickory smoke and chlorine pool water to stain his hair. What if he were to shower, and all the memories went away? He wanted to remember this day. He took one last final sniff, hickory and chlorine, stepped into the shower.