Post-It

"Your paintings are what I live for," today's note said. Grantaire peeled the post it off the front door and stuck it on his bulletin. It started out with a few notes, now the whole board was filled. Notes overlapped each other, became unsticky and started to fall off the corky board. He had to use pushpins to keep them from falling. 

    There was a, "You're cute when you're drunk," on the floor. Grantaire took a push pin and stabbed it through the sticky part. The notes became a part of his daily routine-brush teeth, make coffee, pick up note, then leave for work. 

    But now, he wanted to know who the mystery admirer was. There was no hint at all-he could barely recognize the handwriting. He didn't know what time the person came, or if it were even a prank. 

   He went on with his day, and woke up the next morning to a loud thump outside his door. Was it his admirer? He opened the door and saw a figure shoot down the hall. Dressed in all black with red stripes on his jumpsuit. Grantaire frowned and closed his door with no note. 

    There were no notes the next week. Grantaire began to think they were never going to be posted again. He read the anonymous notes every morning-they got him going when he knew his day would be dull. 

    Grantaire brushed his teeth, made his coffee, grabbed his paints, and opened the front door. Taken by surprise, there was Enjolras, standing with a pink post-it note stuck to his finger. His eyes were huge, his lip wavering saying, "Gran-Grant-Taire-R-I-uh-" completely flustered and tried to make a run for it. Grantaire leaped on top of him and pushed him to the floor where he was on top of him. 

   One kiss to the forehead-"Thank," Grantaire said. 

   One kiss to the nose-"You," 

   One long kiss to his lips-"Enjolras." he finished saying. 

   That day Grantaire painted Enjolras on a post it note when teaching Art class.