Chapter nine: River

She stood staring at me for less than a minute before walking off with tears in her eyes. "Harmoni please! We need to talk!" I said following her out.

"About what?! River, I never know what you want and when I think I finally know, you change your mind again. I can't deal with this River! I've had enough!" I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I know I've messed her about quite a lot but I need to turn it round! I need her. "Harmoni please, give me another chance! Just this one chance and I promise I'll make up for every time I've hurt you!"

"Goodbye River." She said in a hushed tone to me. Turning away from me and walking away.

"Harmoni... I need you..." I spoke, mostly to myself. I watched her walk away, my vision going blurry with the tears in my eyes. I walked back into the house and began walking up the stairs to my room. "Everything okay Mr White?" Another maid asked me. I just ignored her and carried on up to my room. "Sir? Can I get you anything?" Yes, get Harmoni back! I always wanted to be on my own, but especially now!

"Yes, I want you to get out! I want you to get everyone out! I don't need anything I don't want anything I just want everyone out! NOW!" She looked at me with a shocked face and ran to get everyone out.

As I sat on my bed, ready to let myself break. I quickly pulled myself together as the same maid came back in. "Are we coming back tomorrow or does these mean we don't have jobs anymore?" She asked stubbornly. I let out a sigh. "Tomorrow. Hey, I'm sorry about snapping you. I just have a lot going on right now."

"And you always do. No wonder Harmoni left. Again!" She snapped. I just let out a sigh. "You love her, don't you?" I stood up from my bed and walked to my window. "More than anything. Too bad it took me so long to realise." I heard the door shut behind me, meaning she'd left. I let out another sigh and pulled my phone out, texting everyone in my contacts.

PARTY AT MINE. 7:30. Bring alcohol!

I grabbed my keys and ran out the house to my car. I went to the nearest shop and bought as much alcohol as I thought possible. I filled the whole back of the car with alcohol and all I had to do now was set it all out.

I arrived home and there was already people walking up my drive. "Hey, River. We heard there was a party here tonight!"

"Did you bring alcohol?"

"N-no? Were we supposed to?" I sighed, knowing my 'friends' would've told pretty much the entire school about the party. I told them to get in the car and I'd drive them up the driveway.

"Take a seat, anywhere but that one." I told them, pointing to my father's old chair.

"We can help you set up if you want?" For the next half an hour they helped me lay out all the alcohol round the house and a load of cups. "Sure you don't mind us being here?" One of them asked.

"Nah, the house is big enough for thirty people to live in, now that it's just me it's better there's loads of people here to party!" I told them, taking a swig of a nearby bottle. They smiled back as I heard a knock on the front door. I walked up to the door and opened it. "Hey baby!"

"Kara. Why are you here?" I asked my ex in a quiet voice.

"Your friend told me there was a party here tonight. Am I too early?" I just sighed, knowing she wouldn't leave. "Who are these bitches?" She said in the sweetest way possible.

"People from school."  She rolled her eyes and went into the living room, sitting in my dad's chair. "Hey. No. Not there! You can sit anywhere but there!" I told her, lifting her up by her arm.

"What's your problem? Remember you broke up with me, why are you being so bitchy?"

"Kara, you don't know the half of it. If I was being bitchy you wouldn't be here right now. You're not sitting there because it's my father's chair!"

"It's about time I met him anyway! Where is he?!"

"...Kara. My father died a few days ago." Safe to say she shut up after that. "Now please. Just sit there and behave!" I ordered her.

Three hours later, everyone had turned up and the house was full. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my eleventh drink of the night, feeling myself tear up slightly. "River, you okay? You haven't spoke to anyone all night?" Kara asked, pouring herself a drink.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just... Not really in the party mood." I lied, smiling. I walked away from her and up the stairs to my bedroom. "Get the fuck out." I said to two people making out on my bed. They left immediately and I turned the light off and went to sit in the corner. It's where I'd always sit if I was dealing with something or was trying to cope with something.

I sat thinking about all the things that have gone wrong or missing in my life. I was essentially an orphan now! My mother walked out on me, my father died, I used Harmoni to the point where she's walked out of my life, I used Kara and now I'm pretty sure she hates me. I allowed a tear to roll down my face. And more, and more, and more. They kept rolling down my face. I felt myself breaking down. I leaned up to my chest of drawers and reached for two small boxes at the back of the top drawer.

In the first box there was my Mother's wedding ring that she left behind when she walked out.

In the other, there was a blade.