Chapter 11: River

"Harmoni? Do you want me to help you pack some stuff?" I asked her. She just turned round and nodded. "Okay. I'm going to go get some boxes. I'll be back in ten minutes. Okay?" She just nodded again. I left to go back to my house. I knew we would have some old boxes somewhere.

-Thirty minutes later-

I pulled up at Harmoni's house again, got out of the car and walked round to the boot to get the boxes out. I walked up the drive and into the house, putting the boxes down by the door. "Which room do you want me to get things from?"

"Uhm, the cabinet in there." She said as she pointed towards a cabinet full of pictures. I took them out carefully, one by one. I looked at each one carefully, there was pictures of her with a blonde guy, he looked a few years older than her, I assumed it was her brother. I pulled out pictures of her with whom I presumed were her parents. There was easily fifty pictures in this cabinet, I looked at each one individually, hoping one day I would have similar pictures with her...

"Filled four boxes." I told her, walking back out the house and putting them in the back of my car. "Anywhere else?" I asked walking back in.

"Uhm, no. I'd like to do the rest myself, thank you." I just smiled back at her. "Take as long as you need. I'll wait in the car." I said to her, starting to turn away.

"River." She called me back. I just looked up at her. "Thank you." I walked back over to her and kissed her forehead, squeezing her hand. Then leaving to wait in the car outside.

It took her almost an hour to come out. It didn't faze me one bit. I would have waited here all day if it meant I could take her home and make sure she knows she's safe. It took us about ten minutes to get back to mine, the car ride was silent, almost deafening. When we got back, I told her to sit downstairs, she chose to have the TV turned off, she was just sitting in silence, staring at the wall. "Do you want anything? Drink, food?" She just shook her head. I let out a sigh and left the room to get a blanket for her, she was shaking, I knew it was because of the shock of what just happened, but I needed to make it right. I walked back in holding a thick blanket and the massive Mickey teddy bear. She smiled at me and thanked me. "Harmoni, I need to ask you something, it's quite serious, but I need to know so I can do something now." I asked her. "Do you want to go back to living in that house?" I asked her, moving closer to her. She let out a sigh as she began to speak. "I do but-" She let out a sigh. "I don't know what I can do."

"You could live here..."

"Like, permanently? Why?"

"Because there would be nothing better than waking up to see your face every morning. Making sure you're happy everyday for the rest of your life. Making sure you know that I care about you and that I-" I managed to stop myself before I got too carried away. "You what?" She asked, looking hopeful. I took a deep breath, thinking for another second before telling her how I feel. "Harmoni, I love you." I watched her as she gasped in shock at my words. "To be honest, I'm sorry for what happened with your house and everything. But that was the best thing that's happened to me in ages. You're the best thing that happened to me in ages!" I told her, holding her hand in mine. "Harmoni, please. Please live here with me, we could make eachother so happy..." I pleaded.

"River. Nothing would make me happier." She told me, jumping on my lap and wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my back. I picked her up as she was and spinned her around, throwing her back on the sofa and moving closer to her. "Harmoni?" She looked into my eyes, smiling.

"Be mine?" She smiled back at me, nodding. I moved in closer to her and brought my lips to hers for the first time. She was finally my girlfriend.