Chapter 14: River

I felt bad for taking the bragging rights away from Harmoni, but I'm just not ready for people to know about us yet. After I turned the corner with Olivia, I took my arm from her and walked in the opposite direction, leaving her confused.

Ten minutes later, she came back up to me, putting her arm round my shoulders. "Hey babe!" She said, kissing my cheek. I rolled my eyes at her arrogance. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" She flirted, her arms still round my neck.

"Nothing, I don't need anything from you." I said, smiling at her sarcastically. "I think it's about time you leave that girl alone though, don't you?" I said to her walking away a few paces and getting into my car. I saw her face turn red with anger as I drove off. Before turning on the engine I heard a muffled. "You're so going to regret not taking this opportunity, River White!" I scoffed at the words coming from her. Whilst driving home I tried calling Harmoni again. Straight to voicemail. I finally arrived home after almost fifteen minutes. I parked in the garages round the back and ran into the house. "Harmoni?!" I yelled through the house. I knew for a fact she would be here. I couldn't think of any other place she could go. "Harmoni?!" I ran through the house, checking in all the rooms, times like this I wish I lived in a smaller house. "Have you tried the roof?" A maid asked, walking past me.

"That's absurd, why the hell would she be on the roof?!" She just rolled her eyes and walked away. I sighed and ran up the stairs, It was worth a try, seeing if she was up there. I walked into the spare room where the entrance the the loft was and climbed up the stairs and onto the roof. "Harmoni?" I asked, looking out onto the vast rooftop.

"How did you find me up here?" She sighed. She was sitting down, holding onto her knees, leaning against the chimney. "Maid told me, Harmoni, please come down-"

"River. Don't stop me from coming up here. This is the one place that really lets me get my head round things." I let out a sigh. "Harmoni, I don't want you coming up here like this."

"What do you mean like this?" I left the rooftop and went downstairs into the kitchen, I boiled the kettle and went to get a few blankets for her. I grabbed the drink for her and walked back up and onto the roof. "What's this?" She asked, confused.

"Well, I figured if you're not going to come down, I might as well make it comfier for you." I smiled at her. I kneeled down next to her and pulled the blanket over her and handed her a cup of hot chocolate. "I still haven't forgiven you." She told me, accepting the cup.

"Harmoni, I barely remember what she looks like, I only know her name because one of those idiots I call friends is in love with her." I stopped, getting the hint. "Do you want me to leave you alone for a while?" She nodded. I got up and walked away. I knew what I had planned for her, and now I knew exactly what to do.

I got back downstairs and called over a maid. "I need a favour, if Harmoni comes down before I get back just tell her I've gone back to school to get something or something."

"Will do." She nodded and smiled at me. I thanked her and grabbed my keys before leaving...

-Two hours later-

I walked back in the house, leaving everything I had bought in the car. "What took you so long?!" Harmoni asked, rather angrily. "Sorry, I just couldn't find what I was looking for." I lied.

"W-Were you with her...?" She asked, her words lingering.

"What?! No! Harmoni! How do you not trust me this much? I thought you loved me?" I asked.

"I do! More than anything! But it's kind of weird how you come back after just flirting with a random girl then go back to school." I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. "So now you can't even have a conversation with me?" She asked, following. "River look at me!-" I stopped her yelling by turning round and kissing her. "It was supposed to be a surprise." I told her, still holding onto her. "It was going to be special." I said, letting go of her and walking away.

"What was?"

"What, do you not understand what surprise means now?" She just rolled her eyes and went upstairs. I followed her up and into our room. "River, I want to be on my own-" She stopped when I turned her round and pushed her on the bed, I cradled her as she lay staring at me. "Harmoni, you're mine. I'm yours. I love you so much. I didn't even think I was capable of love until I met you. There is no one else I could possibly imagine being with. Every time we've argued, it's killed a small part of me. Even the first time we met, I knew I wanted you all to myself. I've only had one relationship before, and I will not let it end like that."

"Who was she?" She asked me, warily. Probably guessing it was Kara.

"We don't need to talk about that, you're the only thing that's important anymore." I said to her, smiling and kissing her. "Are you still mad at me?" I asked. She just shrugged at me, smiled and pulled me closer to her. "Do you promise you won't do anything like that again?" She asked.

"With all my heart, I promise I will never do anything to hurt you again!" I smiled at her and kissed her.