Chapter 15: Harmoni -END-

We arrived home after finding out our results, I was more than happy with my results, it just put me in an awkward position. As soon as we walked in the door I got a call from Danny. "Oh hey erm, I'm just running down to the shop." I told River, ending Dans call.

"Cool, I'll come with you." He told me.

"No!" I rushed. "I could do with the walk." I lied. He just shrugged and walked further into the house, I shut the door behind me and walked out and down the road. I called Dan back straight away. "Well?" He asked enthusiastically.

"Nothing below  an A*!" I told him. All I could hear was his gasp. "Does that mean-" He cut himself off. I bit my lip, thinking about what he was about to say. "Danny, I think I'd be an idiot to not accept the place..." I quickly hung up, not letting him reply. I walked to the nearest park, where I knew River's old 'friends' would be. I walked up to them, seeing them throwing sticks at each other, I couldn't help but wonder what grades they received. "Oi, oi watch out! It's River's girl!" One of them yelled. I looked at them slightly confused. "Hi, I'm Harmoni." I addressed all of them. "What do you mean by Rivers girl?" I asked. "Come on, it's no secret that River likes you." He told me, I felt a small part of me die inside slightly. "Oh." I zoned out for a minute. "Well, here's something you don't know. River and I have been together for quite a while now.." All their eyes widened. "And here's something else, I erm, I have to leave. I don't know how to tell him... Because I know he listens to you, I was thinking you guys could do it...?" I asked sweetly.

"Woah! Why should we have to do it?!"

"Oh come one, please? I really can't do it...I won't be able to leave if I do it." I pleaded.

"Where are you going anyway?" One of them asked.

"Well, I got into a University...In America, it's been my dream since I was young. I love River, I just can't tell him I'm leaving..." They looked at each other and sighed. "Please? I don't know what to do." One of them that had done the most talking stepped forward. "Alright, I'll do it. When should I do this?" He asked. I smiled slightly, knowing they were willing to help me. "I was hoping tomorrow morning, around 8am? That's when he usually wakes up..."

"Woah! You want me to do it in the morning?! When are you leaving?!"

"...Tonight..." I answered, realising how bad it was what I was doing. "Listen you don't understand, I need to get away from this place!" I told them.

"Fine! I'll do it in the morning..." I smiled at him and walked away, telling him to go to our- His house in the morning...

I hated myself for doing this to River, but I didn't see any other choice. I walked home, forgetting I told River I was going to the shop. "Hey!" I yelled through the house, telling River I was back. I walked into the living room and saw him watching TV. "Oh hey!" He said to me, moving over for me to sit down.

"Actually, I'm tired, I might go have a lie down." I lied, yet again. I went upstairs and pulled out my suitcase from the top of my wardrobe. I dropped it on the bed and started packing my things up, I packed all my clothes out of the drawers and in the wardrobe, I left everything that was out on the bedside table, I would pack them just before I left so River wouldn't suspect anything tonight. It took me roughly two hours to pack everything up, I somehow managed to pack everything I owned in two hours. I didn't know where the time had gone today. I felt a strong shoot of pain go through my stomach. I heard River footsteps coming up the stairs, I quickly picked the case up and put it back on top of the wardrobe. "Hey, ready for bed?" He asked. I just nodded at him, smiling slightly. We climbed into bed together.

-2am-

I woke up to my alarm going off, River was a deep sleeper, I knew it wouldn't bother him. I called a taxi and packed up a few more things. I decided to leave a few jackets for River, admittedly I did steal his favourite jumper, I needed to keep something that would remind me of him. I quickly wrote a note on a small square of paper.