Chapter 24 - Party!!!

Come on Ollie. Get yourself together.

I kept repeating that same sentence to myself. I had decided to call Nano and now I was regretting it, but there was no turning back now. I had to face the consequences. I got up from the couch and made myself a drink. I needed one, badly.  I spent the whole day, sat on the couch with a bottle of wine, thinking about what I had done. I should of thought about it a little more... I should of listened to Abbey...

I'm so pathetic.

When Christine came back, I was in my room, reading. I decided not to tell her what had happened, simply because she was going out with Tom and I didn't want her to worry. I know her, she would have been worrying all night.

"So, Tom called you? You're going out tonight?"

"Yes. I'll probably come home tomorrow morning."

I nodded. Shortly after, she left the flat, leaving me alone with my thoughts.. again. I was eating a plate of pasta when my phone rang. It was Max. I felt my heart beat so fast, I thought it was actually going to come out. I answered. I had to sound very normal.

"Hey babe."

"Hey beautiful. How are you? How was your day?"

"I'm good. My day was okay. How are you, how was yours?"

"It was good. Had a productive day in the studio."

"How was your meeting this morning?"

"It was... okay. They wanted to discuss a few things related to the new album."

"Okay... Everything's good?"

"Yes. When will I get to see you?"

"I don't know... I'm going back to work soon and you're heading back to the UK.. It's gonna be hard, to find some time." I said. 

"I'll try to find a way to spend a little bit of time with you, maybe exchange a studio day, with one of the boys."

"That'd be lovely. Max, I'm gonna go. I'm pretty tired. Good night. Love you."

"Good night gorgeous. Love you too." he said, before I hung up.

I put the phone on the couch and I started to feel a knot in my stomach. I felt so bad for him. I wanted to tell him, that I had heard, but I couldn't get the words out. I stood up and walked to my room. I needed a good night of sleep. That night, I cried myself to bed. The things I would have done to have Abbey with me.

It had been almost a week since the last time I had seen Max. Emotially, it had not been easy, staying away from him, with everyone at work, my sister and Christine reminding me of him constantly, but I had managed to get through, with phone calls every night. Christine and I were having dinner at a little restaurant downtown when her phone rang.

"Hello .... hey Jess! I'm very good, you? ..... Tomorrow night? Nothing, I think. ..... Sure we can! ....... See you tomorrow."

"What did she want?"

"It's Jay's birthday tomorrow night."

"True, I had forgotten." I said, taking a sip of my martini.

"You're gonna see Max.. are you happy about it?" she asked.

"I don't know... I mean I miss him, I really do......"

I looked away, at the people passing in the street, to escape Christine's eyes staring at me. I looked down at my hands.

"Christine, I miss him so much, even though I wanted to stay away, I can't handle this anymore."

She smiled at me.