Chapter 13 (unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

I walked to my car and sat on the driver seat. I took a large amount of air which I inhaled and exhaled. I drove to Anborium and there I started practicing for two hours, then I packed up and changed into my previous clothes. I put on some perfume and went straight to the main office where I'm sure the rest of the members are waiting.

I walked in the office and was soon welcomed by a smiling Antoine. Along with the other members and dancers, I sat on one of the chairs provided.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen." Antoine greeted us all. "I wanted to inform you that I had preposed the show, it will be on Saturday. The plan stays the same, the choreography you will be performing stays the same too." As he finished his lines, we could hear some murmuring. They must all be shocked about this decision.
"Sir, we will never be ready!" Amy one of the dancers said. "Sorry Sir, I'm giving up the show. I won't be able to perform! My exams are on Monday and I'm already an average student and I can't bare failing. If it happens so, my parents will punish me and I'll never be able to dance!" Amy said. She had to perform on a newly released song named Pinga from the movie Bajirao Mastani, this song was supposed to be a main of the show. Looking at Antoine it was clear that he was panicked as he didn't knew what to do.
He then looked at me giving me this pleading look. My eyes went wide looking at him but still I couldn't refuse. I owe him that much, he helped me out in my darkest days. I nob at him and soon his mood changed to a bright one.
"Amy, you don't have to worry. Anaya will be replacing you for the night." Antoine said and soon murmurs were once again heard.
"Anaya, you will be performing along with Shereen. You both girls, should start practicing soon. There's only a couple of days left!" Antoine once again said.

The rest of the meeting went smoothly. Once it ended Shereen hurried next to me.
"Hi Anaya! I'm happy to be working with you. When are you free so that we start practice together?" Shereen asked smiling.
"I'm glad too. Tomorrow, are you free around 4.00 p.m?"
"Yes, I'm free but do you really think we will be ready for Saturday? I mean we won't be able to practice much together and on Friday we have to do rehearsal in our costume. God! Will Amy's costume fit you?" Shereen said panicking. I giggled at her expression. It reminds me of myself during my early days of career.
"Don't worry Shereen. Everything will be fine. The costume is no big deal, I'll I Antoine about it. Relax, there's no need to worry." I said trying to reassure her. "And also with an amazing dancer like you, how can anything go wrong!?" I said trying to reassure her again.
"Thank you. I'm sure you will rock it too. You are one of the best after all." Shereen said and looked much more relaxed. Small things affecting her is not good for both career and health but who am I to say that? The one who gets panic attack. My inner voice laughed at me. I shook these thoughts out of my mind.
"Well, I've got to go my mother is waiting for me. This is my number do send me a message so that I can save yours." Shereen said as she gave me a piece of paper with her phone number written on it.
"I will be texting you by tonight. Bye" I said as she walked to the elevator.
Thinking about what Shereen said previously made me realize how much I wanted to have my mother by my side. Maybe if she was still here none of these would have happened to me. I wouldn't have been burned to death. The thought of being burned terrified me but I quickly pushed these thoughts away.

Once I was done talking to everybody and biding goodbye, I waked out of building and reached my car. I got in and drove home. I felt a bit dizzy maybe because I didn't have lunch.

After a fifteen minutes drive, I was finally home. As I walked inside, I didn't see anyone. I know that Maggy has already left. I walked in the kitchen and poured myself a glass of watermelon juice. While drinking, a thought hit my mind. Maybe I should call Andrew and tell him about his brother. Or not. But I know I should as we promised each other to share everything. I felt something on my knees which brought me out of my thoughts and as I looked down, I saw Snoopy greeting me. I placed the glass in the kitchen sink and took Snoopy in my arms then hugged him. I placed Snoopy on the floor and walked to the living room, where I dropped my bags. I took them and walked upstairs. I knocked my dad's door but I didn't get any response, maybe he is at work.