Chapter 20(unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

I nearly sprinted to my car after leaving the cocktail and fetching my stuffs. A lot was going through my mind, questions that I might never get answers. My phone was vibrating continuously, maybe my Antione or Shereen. Thankfully, despite all those thoughts pestering my mind, I reached home safely. My dad's car was nowhere to be seen. Grabbing only my phone, I walked into the house. I was greeted warmly by Snoopy wagging his tail and jumping reaching my knees. I walked into the kitchen and got myself a glass of water before going to living room. What happened to me? Why does his presence bother me that much? Why are those sparkles present? What if I'm falling for him? Even if it happens for me to crush on him or even fall in love with him, I would end up hurting myself emotionally. He already has a girlfriend or what we can say a bimbo to spend the night. But, if ever it happens for to fall for that bimbo?

"I'm getting paramo." I mumbled to myself, putting my head in both hands.
"Yes, you are!" I heard someone say.
"Dad?" I asked with a little of uncertainty in my voice. I wonder why?
"What? You are becoming amnesiac too?" He asked with a faked shocked voice.
"No." I said laughing a little. He is the only man who can make me laugh in those mood off moments. "When did you arrive?" I asked, thinking why I haven't heard the door open and someone walk in.
"Long enough to see you deep thinking for five minutes straight. What happened? I have never seen students thinking that much during exams." He said with a little of humor and of concert.
"Nothing much dad, it's just the show of today which had stressed me and the cocktail which was tiring."  I said not wanting to bother him. "Weren't we supposed to go dinner?" I asked trying to change the topic.
"Yeah, let's go. But I insist on you telling me what happened during this event." He said before standing up.
I only smiled and gave a little nob. He then walked out of the room. After taking a deep breath too, I stood up and walked to my car. I had to take out my bags and also I hate my car being a mess.

As I walked out, I noticed a black jeep in front of the house. I found it weird as no one in the neighborhood had this car. I shrugged it away. I opened the passenger door and took out my bags. I had the awkward feeling of being looked at. I turned around and looked if there was actually someone. But realized that there were any. I quickly grabbed my stuffs and walked to the house. I've been watching too much of paranormal activity lately. I walked inside the house and saw my dad in an important business related call. Deciding not to disturb him, I walked to my room to place my bags. As I walked down the stairs, I realized that my dad was still on the phone and thinking about phone, I took mine and checked my missed messages and calls. I had 5 missed calls from Shereen and 3 from Antoine, there were always a few messages but what captured my attention was the 15 missed calls of Troy. What the hell? As I was about to phone him, my dad walked in the living room and said that we were leaving for the restaurant.

My dad was driving, I took this opportunity to send Troy a text message.
'Heyy, why so many missed calls.'
He replied quite instantly.
'You left that party without informing anyone. Of course I was worried.'
I replied him back.
'Sorry about that :('
That's all I could reply as my dad parked the car in front of the restaurant. The name restaurant was Haven. I remember been there once with Antoine, we had to discuss about a contract then. The restaurant's name was 'La Veranda'. It's a French restaurant and the dishes there are tasty.

We walked in the restaurant and took a table for two. The waiter came and gave us the menu card. My dad had a Sole Meunière whereas I had roasted chicken and garlic. The drinks were water and white wine. Although, I keeping an eye on his diet, I couldn't stop him for enjoying which could be our last dinner or meal together before three months.