Chapter 39(unedited)

Anaya' P.O.V

I woke up feeling something heavy on my waist. Opening my eyes I was alerted of my surroundings. I was in the suite room, in Mumbai, next to James with on of his arms on my waist. I adjusted my position so as to face him. He looked so innocent sleeping like a little boy. His messy brown hair looked inviting to rake my hand through it. But contemplating his sleeping form brought me some kinds of weird feelings which I never knew could be felt.
"Done staring?" He said in a sexy morning voice. 'Damn, Anaya CONTROL!' My mind alerted.
"Good morning." I greeted, not knowing what to say and I am pretty sure my cheeks are beetroot red.
"Good morning Sweetheart." He greeted back.
I laid on the bed, not knowing what to do. No matter how pathetic it sounds, it is the first time that I am waking up next to a man. I know, being a dancer and all, the total opposite is at times heard about me.
"Hmm, can you move your arm please." I said pointing his arm on my waist.
"Hmm no." He said, tightening his grip and closed his eyes.
"I was ordering you. Not asking you." I stated and tried to wriggle out of his grip.
I waited for his answer but nothing. He wouldn't even budge. I gave up and got back to sleep. Well, I tried to. My mind would not shut up. I kept on thinking about everything that happened here. How my school days were, my childhood and how I was burned to death. Isn't it weird, we are told that time heals everything and keeping it in mind we carry on. Little do we know that it ain't the truth. Time doesn't heal anything, we only learn how to live with those trauma. We still remember them. We still cry about it and fight it. We carry on, knowing that it all happened.
Ever did someone want to wake up from these moments and hope for it to be a nightmare? That's how I still feel about it, I still hope for it to be a nightmare. I still do want to wake up. I am still weak despite showing strength to the whole world. But now, the time is not for crying or feeling sorry for myself. I need to take my revenge. I sincerely do believe in Karma still at times you need to be the Karma.
"Still lost?" James said, making me jump from my thoughts. "Something is bothering you."
"No, nothing. I was just thinking." I said and looked at him, giving him a reassuring smile.
"You've been thinking quite a lot these days." He said and pulled me even closer as if I would disappear any second.
"I don't wanna talk about it." I said and sigh. I've been lying to everyone these last years. Why am I feeling bad to lie to James? Why? Why is that usual habit of mine being questioned now? I'm used to lying, still, why is it so?
"I know, I won't force you." He said making me avert my eyes to look at him. "I know there are certain topics one ain't comfortable about. That's why I won't force you, until you want to open up to me." His words reassured me, I suddenly felt more comfortable. His eyes showed sincereness.
"Thank you." I said, not knowing what else to say.
He smiled at me and we remained in bed for another thirty minutes. That's only then that my stomach rumbled making my cheeks turn crimson. Gosh that was embarrassing! James chuckled, "let's go for breakfast then." He said and I nodded.

I was waiting for James to get ready and posted a few pictures of my 'outfit of the day' or like its most commonly referred to on Instagram #ootd. It was a white palazzo pant and a pink crop top with gray elephant prints on it. I really like palazzo pants since they're quite comfortable. I scrolled through my Instagram and jumped as I felt a hand on my waist.
"Ready to go?" He asked, which made me turn around, ending inches away of his face. I could feel goosebumps. James was wearing a
"Yeah." I said and he smiled.

Walking out of the room and to the restaurant, my mind wouldn't stop thinking about Neema. Even though its been years and despite I vowed myself to get over this, it seems impossible. But, wait a minute, Neema is Summaiyah's step mom, which doesn't sound good. Revenge, what I wanted among all seems with no value to me, still, I want justice for myself, for everything I have been through.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I bumped into someone.
"Sorry Sss..." I couldn't complete the last word as realization struck me. Dhruv!
"It's okay." He said, smiled to me and walked away.
I stood rooted still processing it all. God, why am I even here!
"Hey you okay?" Came James' voice, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah I'm fine." I said giving him a reassuring smile, or was it to reassure myself. Right now, I would give up anything to be in New York.
"You sure? You seem you be overthinking." He said in a worried tone.
"No, its just that Mumbai doesn't suit me. I guess." I replied and shrugged. I didn't lie, Mumbai will never seem like home again.
He remained quiet, maybe he's thinking. But, about what?