Chapter 27(unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

I woke up with my head pounding. It was already 07:30, why did I sleep so much? I still remember yesterday's event clearly. I can't believe what happened yesterday. I can't believe my wounds are still so fresh. Part of yesterday's events are still blur. I barely remember anything; like how did I get here? I groan escaped my lips, how can it be so painful!? I walked to the bathroom and did my usual routine. As I walked down the stairs, I heard someone talking and without having paying another ear to it, I knew it was Andrew.

I went to the living room and Andrew was talking to Snoopy, they looked like to be in a huge conversation about the upcoming football match.
"So seriously! Do Arsenal stands a chance?" Andrew said looking at Snoopy. Seriously? Is he waiting for an answer?
"What are you doing?" I asked as I walked in the living room. Andrew was lying on the couch and Snoopy was in front of him.
"We are discussing football. Good morning to you too by the way." Andrew said as he sat up to look at me. I only shook my head,
"Have you had breakfast?" I asked him as I made my way to the kitchen.
"Does it look like I can cook?" He asked as a tight smile appeared on my lips.
"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him.
"Pancakes mummy please." He said faking a baby tone making me laugh. Those persons who can make you laugh when you can barely smile are gold. Trust me.
"You won't change, will you?"
"As long as I can make you smile or laugh, changing isn't planned." Andrew said as he followed me to the kitchen.

I started preparing the pancakes as Andrew and I talked about random things. Once the pancakes were done, I served both of us some. We were both eating and cracking a few jokes.
"Who drove me back home yesterday? And why are you here?" I I asked as I took a sip of my coffee.
"Me." He said simply making me cough my coffee. He started laughing then.
"What?!" I asked in disbelief. "You're lying!" I stated.
"Go and see the scratches on your dad's car if you don't believe me." Andrew said. Scratches of dad's car? He's gonna kill me!

I ran and opened the door. The car was parked out and there was not a single scratch on it. Andrew shocked me today. I would never believe he would be able to do this and that too without having a single accident.
I heard a chuckle behind me and turned around to face him.
"Still doubting of me bestie?" He asked.
"No, I'm proud of you. I always believed you would be able to get over your fears. Your mum and dad would be proud!" I told him with a genuine smile.
"You are gonna make me cry." He said making me roll my eyes.
"Let's go, we will be late." I said as we both walked inside the house.

I was in my room getting as I realized the stress I'll be going through today. I don't know how I'll face James. I know that I didn't do anything wrong but to him, I'm the culprit. I sighed to that thought and tied my belt around my waist. Once I was done, I applied some make up. The same casual one: eyeliner and lipstick. I sat on the edge of my bed and was putting my heels on. I grabbed my bag and stood up, I saw a black suit jacket hanging loosely on a chair. I grabbed it too and walked downstairs.

I walk pass him as a familiar fragrance hit my nose.
"What's that perfume?" I asked with a frown.
"Your dad's." He said simply checking through his phone.
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed shocked. He can't just enter my dads room and take his perfume like it was his.
"Relax Max. It's not like I poured the whole bottle on me." He said as I sigh. I prefer to give up as I was feeling a little tired.
"Anyway, whose jacket is it?" I asked him gesturing towards that black suit jacket.
"It's Nick. You don't remember?" Andrew asked as I shook my head.
He thought for a moment. "Come lets go. Your dad's car is in the garage and  yours is parked outside." He said and we both walked to the car.

This time I was the one driving. The weather was rainy and it didn't look like to get better during the day. The drive was silent, we reached the office in thirty minutes. Both of us walked out of the car.
"Anaya, I've got a few phone calls to make. Don't wait for me." He said as he walked pass me.
As I glanced behind me and saw Nick entering the office with his briefcase. As he saw me, a smile appeared on his lips.
"Hey Ana." He greeted me.
"Hi Nick." I greeted back.
"How are you?" He asked with a caring look.
"I'm good, I mean I was a little shaken yesterday but I'm fine. What about you?" I asked him.
"I'm good too thanks." He said with a smile.
"Heyy, your suit jacket. Thank you." I said as I gave him his suit coat.
"Thanks but you could have kept it. So as to hug it while sleeping." Nick said wiggling his eyebrows.
"Haha whatever." I said as I walked into the lift. I really like his sense of humor.