Epilogue

Epilogue

I walked down the long runner filled with silver plants all along the side. My steps were shaky and my heartbeat was louder than the gentle harps playing in the background.

All eyes were on me, gasping at my beautiful dress, or was it me they were looking at? That made me even more nervous and I tripped, almost falling on the floor. I laughed slightly to show I was alright and looked ahead of me to forget how embarrassed I was.

And there he was, dressed in his grandfather Oropher's ceremonial tunic and trousers with a subtle leaf and vine pattern across his chest and shoulders. He looked at me like I was his world and my heart couldn't help but beat even faster than it already was when he smiled at me. I smiled back at him and at that moment, it felt like it was only us. All the people around us were gone, it was  just the both of us. We were alone in our own little world.

As I walked towards him, I still could not believe that I was the one he put his trust in. I was the one he had chosen to give his love to, for all of eternity.

I was the only one that saw him for everything that he was, and everything that he could be.

Tears appeared in my eyes as he kissed my hand softly before looking into my eyes and smiling softly. His smile and his touch always made me feel like I was wandering in the undying lands. I never wanted it to stop, I wanted to be with him forever.

And soon I would be... I would be with the one I loved forever.

The music stopped, and everyone around us took their seats. I felt like my heartbeat was even louder now and I began to wonder if the others could hear it as well.

I was so nervous yet so incredibly happy that I did not even hear what Legolas was saying. I think he noticed it for he gave me a small look and took my hand in his.

"May Varda Star-kindler hear Aearel and Legolas' calls, and may Eru the Father of All bless them." Galadriel spoke in her enchanting voice. My mother was the one who was supposed to say those words... but the Lady of Light had happily taken her place.

"May Manwë Lord of Wind watch over Aearel and Legolas, and may Eru the Father of All bless them." Thranduil said.

Legolas and I looked intently into each other's eyes and smiled as we gave our sliver rings to each other. After that, we both gave the other a gold ring that we put in the forefinger of our right hand.

Legolas leaned in closer to me and we both laughed slightly to forget how nervous we were.

"Gi melin." He whispered.

As he moved closer, he placed his soft fingertips along my jawline before he kissed me with a gentle hunger, not wanting to kiss me like he really wanted to in front of the guests. I smiled into the kiss and he brought his other hand on my back.

He pulled away and it was only at that moment that we realized that everyone was cheering. I blushed madly and buried my face in his neck and placed my hand on his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeat.

"Gi melin." I whispered.

He was the one for me. The one that made me feel warm and safe. The one that made me feel wanted and loved.

And I was the one he had waited for all these years. I was the one that made him feel warm and safe. I was the one that made him feel wanted and loved.

We were the ones that completed each other.

We were the ones that loved each other unconditionally.

And that would never stop.

~~~

THE END.

~~~

Omg... The feels.

I simply cannot believe this story is over!

I never would have thought so many people would read this story. I didn't even think I would write it all.

I started to write this one day when I was bored and I had nothing to do. Now I'm glad I started this, and I hope you are too.

I hope you liked the epilogue. I know it's short, like really, really short. But I simply wanted to conclude it all. I didn't want to get a whole other thing going on and I thought that by ending the story with Learel's wedding, it would really end and you would all get what you wanted to happen between them.

Please tell me in the comments what you thought of the epilogue, and also the story in general.

I'm sad that this is over, but I'm also happy because it will leave me time to start maybe a new story?

If you want to, you could go read my Thorin Oakenshield fan fiction, Heart of Gold. It is also on Wattpad and I would be very happy if you took a look at it.

I was also thinking of starting a new Legolas fan fiction, but this time it would be during the events of The Hobbit. I don't think I'll start it just now, but please tell me if you think it's a good idea and if you would read it.

Sorry for this super long author's note. I'll stop now.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas (a little late but wtv) and a Happy New Year!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!