Is There Something There?

Lefu sprang out of bed bright early and turned the lights off absently. She walked outside, her feet padding against the floor as she stood there and breathed deeply. She conjured two cups of coffee and a plate of croissants, setting them on the patio table. She took her coffee and croissant with her as she hopped onto the ledge, letting her legs hang over it. The wind ruffled her clothes as she absently drank her coffee and chewed on her pastry.

"You're up early. Are those for me?" Bruce asked sleepily. Lefu looked at him over her shoulder and nodded, still feeling a little groggy. When the sun rose, she started to feel more like herself.

"These are amazing! Where did you get these? It tastes like the ones I've eaten in France," Bruce said enthusiastically, waking up quickly sipping at the coffee she got him.

"I bribed your hotel," she lied smoothly. Bruce eyed her warily.

"Don't you get vertigo? You could fall, so be careful," he warned. Lefu looked down and back at him. She slowly slid off the ledge and into a seat.

"Sorry, it's kind of my morning routine. I didn't think about that," she said embarrassedly. Bruce laughed, still rubbing at his eyes as if he didn't really sleep. He smiled at her.

"I like you. You look at everything with a certain innocence," Bruce chuckled to himself. Lefu frowned.

"Innocence? I don't get what you mean or what you're talking about," she mumbled, troubled. He only laughed.

"You're clothes are washed and folded on the table inside. How are you feeling today?" He asked. Lefu moved her head side to side stretching her neck experimentally and mentally checked herself.

"Like new. When did you say I can go back to work?" she asked. Bruce chuckled.

"In that much of a hurry to leave me?" he joked, "You're off today. Want to spend some time with me? I'll give you that interview..." He teased. Lefu scowled.

"Blackmailing me now?" She asked yet her tone was teasing. Bruce smiled.

"If it'll get you to come out with me then yes, I am. Would you like me to drop you back off to spend time at home or would you like to come out with me?" He asked her. Lefu frowned.

"I'll be in the shower first. Don't peek or else I'll throw you over this balcony," she warned and rushed inside, grabbed her clothes and shut the door behind her in the bathroom. Bruce smiled to himself as he listened to the shower turn on.

Lefu toweled herself down and slipped on her clothes, putting on makeup that she conjured from her apartment. She made them disappear when done and piled her hair messily on top of her head, clipping it into place. She came out and sat outside waiting for Bruce to finish his shower and get dressed.

She leaned against the edge, watching the city below, listening to people and the traffic. Bruce knocked on the door when he was ready. Lefu admired him in his black suit and lifted a brow in appreciation, smiling into his dark blue gaze. He led her out of the room and they drove to Lex Corps.

Lefu mostly stayed quiet, listening to them discuss business and playing with their prototypes. She was happy to play the part of the dumb arm candy for Luthor. It was when they went behind closed doors to discuss business that Lefu found it suspicious. She inconspicuously stood by the door, listening to them through the door.

"I don't like guns," Bruce stated. It sounded like Luthor wanted to use their little robot as a weapon. Lefu rolled her eyes as they had a little spat. Bruce came out and smiled down at her.

"Ready to go?" He asked. Lefu smiled and let him lead her out. They stayed curiously silent as he took her to an expensive restaurant.

"What's the occasion?" She asked him finally when he pulled out a chair for her to sit.