A Lead

The sun was setting and the archangels took turns to rest. Lefu paced on her balcony and looked back inside. So far, they ignored her. Her head snapped towards the direction of Clark's door when it slid open. He looked surprised. Lefu glanced back and hopped over, knocking Clark to the ground with her on top, covering his mouth. She held a finger up to her lips for him not to say anything. He nodded and she let him up. Lefu glanced back at her patio but saw that no one even noticed her missing. Lefu let out a relieved breath and pushed Clark inside the room, closing the screen door. She pulled the curtains closed, blocking the sight of them from any flying individuals.

"Are you in trouble?" Clark demanded. Lefu shook her head.

"I need to get outside. This was the quickest way without being followed. Sorry to do this to you," Lefu smiled and apologized. She quickly made her way to his door. He slammed it back shut and towered over her.

"Tell me what is going on. Those men can't be your brothers," Clark said. Lefu sighed and Clark led her to a couch to sit. Lefu rubbed a hand down her face in frustration.

"Someone is killing us," she stated simply. Clark jumped in surprise.

"Your family is in trouble?" Lefu opened her mouth to deny it but thought better of it.

"The one on television was named Sandalphon. He and I shared some views and left the family. We weren't the only ones to leave and the family doesn't tolerate anyone who goes against them. We were shunned, disowned," Lefu admitted and rolled her eyes, "The family was happy to ignore me until now. Someone in the family is killing us and they suspect it's me." Lefu crossed her arms and huffily sat back in a chair. Clark ran a hand through his hair.

"Your family sounds like the mafia," he commented drily. Lefu stuck her chin up proudly.

"We are not the mafia. Just different," she stated. Clark held his hands up defensively.

"I didn't mean to make fun of you. Sorry," he apologized. Lefu's gaze softened.

"Don't worry about it. Anyways, the four brothers have me on house arrest until they deem me as 'safe,'" Lefu stood up to leave, "Anyways, I need to go find the killer so I'll see you at work sometime." Clark pushed her roughly back into her seat.

"Oh, no you don't. You have someone trying to kill you. You need to listen to them and hide. They'll protect you," Clark scolded. Lefu pushed his hands away from holding her down by her shoulders and glared up at him.

"I don't think so. I'm not about to sit around while the killer knocks off another person I care about," she hissed angrily at him. Lefu stood up and stepped to the side to leave. Clark grabbed her by her arms and pulled her up against his chest.

"No. Stay home. I'll find the killer for you. Just don't go," he said harshly. Lefu groaned in frustration. She opened her mouth to yell at him but was interrupted by a knock on the door. Clark released her and went to answer the door. Lefu was scowling when Michael walked through. Clark noticed the eye color difference to himself silently. A yellow and silver blue-eyed gaze is unusual enough to warrant anyone's interest.

"I thought you might be here. I'm here to take you back home," Michael said simply. Clark's eyes glared at Michael but didn't bother to deny him. Lefu huffed and strode past both men, purposely shoulder bumping them.

She slammed the door in Michael's face and sat on the counter. Michael came inside and closed the door. The men had gathered around a table in her kitchen. She ignored them pointedly to glare a hole in her wall. Clark, you goody two shoes, she fumed silently to herself. Lefu stumbled towards the floor when the earth rocked for a few seconds. Uriel showed up on the patio.