An Interesting Day

Chapter four

Ally's POV

Traveling by floo powder is weird; I can't even begin to describe what it was like.

I was standing at the gate, waiting for everyone else to appear when I noticed something: I had absolutely no soot on me at all! Maybe they say you get covered in it in the books, so it's more realistic.

My theory was proven wrong when Sasha appeared next to me, covered in the stuff.

"Hey! Why aren't you all dirty?" Sasha asked.

"Dunno, maybe the floo network just likes me," I answered, because honestly I had no idea how I wasn't covered in soot.

"That's so not fair!" Sasha complained.

Sasha's POV

Before I had met up with Ally, I was nervous traveling by floo powder. I was scared that I would say it wrong. When it was my turn, I had reluctantly taking the strange powder into my hand and walked into the fireplace. I gulped and said "Diagonalley!" as I released the powder from my hand.

While I was traveling I knew I had done something wrong, because the floo network didn't know where to take me! I was twisting back and forth when finally it sent me to Diagon Alley. Of course, I was covered in soot unlike Ally was. I was pushed around more!

Ally mocked me and then directed me to a bathroom to wash up. Once I got back everyone was waiting for me. We started to walk up to Flourish and Blott's bookstore when George grabbed me by my arm.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear "You know you said 'Diagonally' right?"

"I know!" I said as I shoved him in the arm. George and I laughed the whole way, while Ally kept giving me glares.

We finally reached the bookstore and entered with rows of books along the walls. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley waited outside for us. Ally, Hermione, and Percy raced to one side of the store. (Along with a hesitant Fred!) George, Ron, and I went over to the comical section. Ron had introduced me to many Qudditch books and souvenirs. He also made me take a quiz to determine what position I would most likely play, if I was on a team. (I had gotten Chaser, George got Beater, and Ron got Keeper.)

Eventually, we found everything we needed and were exiting, until Malfoy stopped us.

"Weasleys," He grunted. "Not expecting you here."

"And why would that be, Malfoy?" Ron inquired.

"You know, with your money so low..." Draco started. Ron nearly took a punch at his face, but Fred and George grabbed both his arms and held him back.

"It's not worth it, Ron," Hermione said.

"What a surprise!" Malfoy exclaimed "I didn't even notice you, Granger! Stuck in the back, again?"

Hermione lowered her head in embarrassment. I know I didn't like Hermione much, but Malfoy was really getting on my last nerve.

"Why don't you can it, Malfoy!" I said, angry. He finally saw me and a small grin grew on his face.

"Oh, a newbie!" He said, trying to look genuinely excited as he clasped his hands together. "Apparently you know my name, what's yours?"

"Sasha Firestone," I said proudly.

"Well Firestone," Malfoy said "What house you lookin' for?"

"I want to-" I started before he cut me off.

"I must say Slytherin is a very... defiant house. I know it would be glad to have you in it," Malfoy said as he put his arm around me. (Wait, did I see George's ears turn red?)