Answers

Chapter 12

Sasha's POV

I knocked on the door to Dumbledore's office. Instead of him telling me to come in, he opened the door for me and smiled. He gestured me to come in, and I sat in a chair next to his desk.

"Ms. Firestone," Dumbledore said, as he walked over to his seat. "I heard of your incident with the boggart."

"Yes, sir," I replied.

"And that it almost killed you?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Can you please explain to me, from your point of view, what happened?" I nodded.

"Well, when I stepped up, it turned into a shadowy figure with a cloak and it started to circle me. It was whispering things in my ear, and I wanted to yell 'Riddikulus', but I couldn't get myself to." I stopped to take a breath. "Then, it started to say the killing curse, and Professor Lupin stepped in front of me to change it. I was absolutely terrified and passed out. I think it was Voldemort."

Dumbledore looked at me and said, "I see. Is there anything else?"

"My forehead does start to hurt whenever I'm around him. I think it's just headaches, though." Dumbledore sighed and started to mutter things.

After a few minutes, I finally said, "He's trying to kill me, isn't he?" Dumbledore looked up at me and gave me sad eyes. "Why me, though? I'm no Harry Potter."

"I think this would be a good time to visit your parents, Sasha," he said. What could my parents do?

He held out his arm and I grabbed a hold of it. We apparated to my house.

We showed up in the kitchen, which surprised my mom who was cooking dinner. She ran up to me and gave me a hug. She called for my dad, who came down, was a bit surprised at my arrival too, and embraced me as well. I left the room to my bedroom, so they could talk.

I decided I would go say hi to my little sister, Alexis, while I was there. I knocked and opened the door. She immediately noticed me.

"Sasha!" she exclaimed, as she ran to hug me. I told her all about my adventures at Hogwarts. Eventually, my mom came up to get me, so I could talk with them. I gave Alexis a quick hug and followed my mom to the living room.

When we came in, Dumbledore was standing up, sipping tea, while my dad sat down feeling a bit awkward. My mom sat next to my dad and I sat across from them.

"Sasha, we have something important to talk about," my mom started. "You're adopted." I felt as if my world was falling apart. I'm being tortured by the most evil person in the world, and I don't even know who my real parents are.

"Wait, so you're not my parents?" I asked.

"No," my dad answered.

"And you've been lying to me my whole life, that you are?" I inquired.

"Not it's not that-" my mom started.

"Yes, it is!" I yelled, my voice getting louder.

"No, just listen-"

"Why should I listen to you two? My whole life has just been lies!" I screamed.

"Ms. Firestone," Dumbledore said in a calming tone. "We only did this for your own good."

"How?"

"We don't know who your parents are, and we didn't want you to get hurt."

What do you mean?" I asked, a bit scared.