Love is in the Air

Chapter 14

Ally's POV

I like Fred.

This is not good. I'm with Cedric, and I love Ced. I think. I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Fred is always there for me, and he can always make me smile, but Ced is so sweet and warm, but he was a jerk yesterday. Ugh! I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to see how things play out.

Somehow the whispers were worse then yesterday.

When I walked into the great hall, all conversation stopped, and all eyes were on me.

Everybody started whispering as I made my way to the Gryffindor table. I only heard fragments of what they were saying.

Murderer.

Sirius Black.

Daughter.

Traitor.

These are all things that the people around me were saying. It took everything for me not to cry.

When I sat down, most of the Gryffindor students scooted away (except the Weasley's, Lee Jordan, Harry, Hermione, and Sasha). "Love you guys too!" I shouted to the students trying to get as far away from me as possible. The look they all gave me after I said that was not pretty.

"Don't know what their problem is." Lee said gesturing to the rest of the table.

"They're just idiots." I said, glaring at Seamus, I haven't forgotten what he said yesterday.

"Well you have us, so no need to worry." Sasha said.

"You guys are the best." I said smiling.

To bad my smile didn't last long. A few minutes later, Cedric came up.

Naturally I ignored him when he sat beside me and tried to talk to me.

"Come on Ally, just talk to me." He begged, I hadn't even given him a second glance since he came over here.

"She obviously doesn't want to talk to you. Why would she she after what you did yesterday, so just leave her alone." Fred said, his voice like a growl.

"I know what I did was stupid, I'm sorry. And you Weasley, stay out of it, she's my girlfriend." Cedric said angrily.

"I'm surprised she hasn't broken up with you after what you did, you don't deserve her you know." Fred said eyes narrowed at Cedric.

"You're right Weasley, I don't deserve her. I was an idiot. I don't care who your father is, you know why Ally?" Cedric said, his voice a little shaking.

I looked at him, and he gave me a small smile as he said, "because I'm in love with you. I love you so much, and I never want to hurt you like I did ever again."

I stayed quiet as he reached into his robe and pulled out a small box.

He opened it, and inside was a beautiful necklace.

It was silver, and the shape of a heart. On one side 'forever' was carved, and the other were the initials A. B. and C. D.

"A. B.?" I asked confused.

"Ally Black," Cedric said smiling as he said, "Because you are perfect no matter what, I don't care that one day my father in law could be Sirius Black, because I love you, and nothing will ever change that."

He was looking me in the eye the whole time, and when he had finished talking, I did the only thing I could think to do.

I leaned forward and kissed him. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with him, but I can't deny my feelings for Fred, but being Cedric feels right. There's no guarantee that Cedric and I will end up together in the end, but for right now, he is right for me.