The Boggart

Chapter 9

Sasha's POV

I knew everyone was looking for me, and this thought just made me walk even faster. I stood in front of the Griffin statue and said, "Acid Pops." Stairs appeared that led to Dumbledore's office. I needed to talk to him. This Voldemort thing was getting out of hand.

I got up to the door and knocked. I heard a muffled "Come in," so I opened the door. I saw Snape sitting in a chair speaking to Dumbledore. They both looked at me.

"Ms. Firestone, is this really necessary?" Snape asked. He always made me sound like I wasn't important!

"I'm sorry Professor Snape, but it is," I said. "Now would you be kind, and allow Professor Dumbledore and I to talk alone?"

Snape looked at Dumbledore before saying, "Gladly." He stared me down the whole time he was walking to the door.

"Please take a seat," Dumbledore gestured towards a chair. I sat down. "Now, what seems to be the problem?"

"Ally and I got into a big fight," I said, looking away from him.

"I was afraid this might happen," he sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I think Voldemort has found out that we know about him, so he's trying to make you miserable."

"I still don't understand. We just know that he might be invading my dreams. We don't know if he has a plan or not."

"He probably thinks that we know about a plan of some sort. Which means he does have one."

"So he's worked a way into me to control my feelings?"

"Exactly."

"Also, last night, right before I fell asleep, I think he may have been in my room." He looked at me wide eyed. "I mean, it could have been a dream, but I'm not sure."

"It was probably a hallucination, because I have no idea how he could have gotten into the school. Although, this is a big detail. What did he look like?"

"Well, he was like a person again, but not. His skin was very pale, he had two slits where his nose should be, he had no hair, and his eyes were completely black."

"By the sounds of it, he has found a way to make himself bigger and better. I don't know how we will be able to avoid it, though. Unless, we do figure out the plan." Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Dumbledore said. The door opened and Ally came through.

"Ally, how did you get here? What are you doing here?" I asked, slightly confused.

"With this," she said, as she held up the Marauder's map. "And I needed to say sorry."

"No, I should be the one to say sorry," I said. She came towards me and hugged me. It was nice to have my best friend back. We pulled away when we heard Dumbledore clear his throat.

"Excuse me for interrupting, but neither one of you need to apologize." I looked at him, wondering why he was doing this. He didn't want to tell anyone about my problem. "Don't worry Sasha, I'm sure we can trust Ms. Conners."

"What do you mean trust me? What's going on?" Ally asked.

"Ms. Conners, you might want to sit down. This could be a while," Dumbledore said. He explained to Ally my experiences with Voldemort, along with my comments. Every once in a while, Ally would ask a question and then just sit quietly for a long period of time.

After the big speech, Ally immediately started talking.

"Wait, I know what he's doin-" I cut her off by jabbing her in the arm with my elbow. Dumbledore couldn't know about Voldemort's plan! If he did, so many things wouldn't happen, that do happen in the books. Luckily, Ally understood.