CHAPTER 20: Savior

Leylila // Ancient Egypt: Main Palace

Memphis ended up having to leave shortly after our discussion to speak with his advisors about the conflict with the Hittite empire and I was escorted by Astope back to my original chambers. It was hard knowing that I was starting to get used to the palace's layout and that I even considered the chambers that I slept in as my own.

I'm not sure I want to stay here long enough to get used to this place.

We entered the room and I sat at my table with too many whirling thoughts to process as Astope cleaned about the room. 

"Astope, do you think you could do me a favor?"

Looking up questioningly towards me, Astope responded, "Of course m'lady, what would you like for me to do?"

___

Asisu // High Priestesses Holy Temple

I paced back in forth inside the High Priestesses private chambers where Memphis had banished me for the time being. I was absolutely raging inside with the thought that he would dare to do such a thing to me.

 It all has to do with that wretched pale girl. 

I had one of my maid servants spy for me over at the main palace to hear of what news had befallen of the young girl. And when word came back that she had mysteriously vanished and better yet, presumed dead by many except the Pharaoh, I was overjoyed at the prospect.

"Remi, come here!" I demanded of my maid servant as the High Priestess watched me with a guarded gaze over where she stood by the fire burning next to the holy sacrificing table. A young woman of almost equal beauty to my own walked stealthily toward me and bowed gracefully. 

"What news have you brought me from the main palace today? Has Memphis finally come to his senses and begged for my return yet?" I took a seat on the delicate chaise feeling in high spirits I grabbed my cup of rich red wine and drank greedily as my spy hesitated to speak.