Chapter 3 - Forgiveness

Julian's POV

It was last period; Math.
But I can't stop thinking about her... Why does she hate me? Or is Jovani lying? No... He can't be lying... He never lies...
I was walking to class saying bye to Jesse, Jasper and Jerome. It was a coincidence that our names all begin with "J". We all met in 8th grade and have been friends ever since.
I sat down in my usual seat and saw Avery walk in.
"Good afternoon class, this is Avery, a new student, may everyone please welcome her." Mrs Pridich said in her boring voice. Uh oh. Oh gosh shes right here. Oh my god what shall I say?

She saw me and smiled happily, sitting next to me. Mabey Jovani was lying after all.
"Hey Jovani" she laughed looking at me. Uhh... Jovani?

"Hey" I said nervously, my legs were uncontrollably shaking. Her british accent took my breath away. I looked down at my clothes and realised I'm wearing Jovani's jacket. Oh no... I guess I'll just have to play along.
"I-I guess y-you've made friends" I said half stuttering. Stupid stupid stupid. She was so beautiful it made me want to cry.

"Oh yeah, I have, Ari, Coco and Everlyn. Nice girls."

"So uhhh did Julian make you mad earlier?" I asked and yet again, sounding like an idiot.

"Umm no, why should I be?" She said casually.

"So your not mad at all? You know Julian said sorry before, he said he didnt mean to hurt you or embarras you."

"You got to be kidding me?" Avery said in discuss.

"What?"

"Julian?!"

"Okay, you got me, it's Julian."
Avery started laughing.

"Ugh why would you do that?! You could have just told me your Julian!" She said angrily.

"I-um I just I was scared you were angry at me" I confessed.

"No it's ok, were cool" She laughed.

"Hey do you wanna go for a coffee after school? Um you know, get to know each other..." Oh shit WHY DID I SAY THAT???

Avery's POV

I looked into his big blue eyes... You know, he actually seems like a really nice guy.

"Yeah i'd love that... But"

He smiled but then his face fell.

"But, I don't drink coffee, I drink tea" I laughed

"I'm sure we can figure something out" Julian laughed looking at me up and down then biting his lip.

It was end of school and I texted Mom saying 'Will be home soon, just going to get a cuppa with my friend x' Julian showed me their finest coffee shop called "Lights Pit" He ordered a caramel latte and I ordered a cup of tea with a doughnut.
I was just about to pay, taking out my wallet and realised I only had a bunch of english notes... I was nearly about to ask the man if he took English money until Julian pushed my wallet back into my bag.

"This ones on me" he winked. We sat down and started talking.

"Oh Julian, your a Life saver" I said releaved.

"Why? what did I do?" He laughed. I took out the British notes from my wallet.

"This is why" I said handing them to him.

"Wow. English money?!" He said inspecting them with a rather morbid intress.

"Yeah" I laughed, putting them back in my wallet.

"I wanted to pay anyway" He smiled.

"So do you have any siblings?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah Lilly, my sister, we adopted her when she was a new born, but shes 8 years old now and my Mum"

"What about your Dad?"

I felt a lump in my throat which I could'nt get rid of. Tears formed in my eyes as I tried to blink them away. I hid my face with a curtian of hair.

"Oh, oh my god I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I didnt mean-"

"No its ok" I smiled, half crying silently.

"He left us a few months ago to be with another woman and my Mum got a better photography job here, so we moved here."

"Aw, are you ok?" He asked quietly moving himslef next to me.

"Noooo" I said hugging him "I guess I never talked to anyone about it"

"Its okay, you've got me and Coco, Everlyn and Ari now." He laughed.

"Thank you, I really needed someone to talk to" I smiled.