Chapter 32: The truth

Warning: Violence, bad language. 

LIAM'S POV

My mouth is wide open, shocked. It seems like all the pieces of the puzzle are together, the mystery is finally solved. We finally know the truth, everything before my eyes is so clear, the path is getting even narrower and it guides to a simple door, and behind that door... is reality.

"Marco..." I repeat. "I should've known since the beginning!" 

"How dare he..." Louis says. 

It was barely a whisper. He basically breathed it, too shocked to use his voice.

How didn't I realize it was Marco? He was acting so weird! The way he wanted to replace Niall immediately, the way he didn't care... I SHOULD have realized... 

I hear a heavy breath beside me. I turn to see Zayn, looking intensely at the letter with his face turning reddish. 

Everybody is so speechless, this is just unbelievable...

"Liam..."

I lift up my confused head and look at Harry, the person who said my name with such a calm and guilty tone.

"Liam... You know before I was... you know... lost into myself?" Harry slowly tells. 

I nod my head. Harry suddenly catches Louis' attention, but Zayn is still staring at the letter, his face even more red than before.

"After the concert, when Zayn fainted... I went outside, you remember?"

Louis and I both nod our head. 

"Well, I got a call..."

Harry swallows his saliva hardly. Rubbing his forehead gently, he continues with a weird, strangling voice.

"Niall called me..."

My eyes go wide. Louis' mouth drops to the floor. 

"He was crying, a lot... He couldn't speak properly, he just said 'I'm sorry, Harry...' At this moment, I realized something wasn't right, I knew from that moment that Niall was innocent, I had my tangible proof! But I'm sorry I couldn't tell you earlier, I just... froze and... and..."

Harry's green eyes, now sparkling with life, are becoming wetter. He quickly wipes away a teardrop rolling down his cheek and looks at Louis and I's eyes frantically. 

"It's okay, Harry." I whisper, smiling at him. "Now, we know. We're going to get Marco. All we need is to be sure Niall is still in London, and we'll get Marco."

"Liam." Louis says, his phone in his hand. "Niall IS in London."

He shows me his phone. Niall tweeted. He posted a picture of Big Ben he took himself, I guess, and hashtaged the words "dearmarco". Yes, finally. We know everything, we got it.