Alternate ending #1

Choose your ending of choice.

Niall went back to the couch. He didn't want to go back to sleep. Not yet.

He looked outside the window. They were still in town. The traffic was heavy and it seemed never ending. But Niall didn't mind, though. His whole body was relaxed and his mind was free.

Niall stared at the lights and cars outside, still trying to make his mind up on the idea that it was all a nightmare. Nothing really happened.

He dropped his head in his hand and decided to look at the people around. Busy little town. Even at that hour, a great amount of pedestrians were moving on the pavement. The bus stopped at a red light. He noticed a few people gatered around something- or more like someone.

Niall couldn't see what it was, a girl was blocking his view. When she finally dropped something to her feet and walked away, Niall saw. A man, quite tall, with dirty clothes and a guitar stood there. He couldn't see the homeless person's face, because someone was still blocking his view. He could tell the homeless man was singing as well as playing his instrument. And at his feet was his guitar case, where people dropped coins in.

Niall fruitelessly moved his head to the sides to try and see his face. And suddenly, the man blocking Niall's view finally dropped a coin and walked away, and the homeless person had now a face.

Niall's heart stopped beating.

The green light appeared, and the bus went forward in slow motion. Niall couldn't take his eyes off of the homeless. He couldn't even begin to understand.

And as the bus left the man in Niall's death angle, he stared right back at him. Niall jumped and his breath cut. His whole body was numb.

Dan Lester waved at him, an arrogant smile stretched onto his lips.