Chapter 6: Trapped

HARRY'S POV

"What are you doing?" Marco yells at me. "Go back on stage!"

"Marco we have to call the police now!"

I'm half crouched on the ground, not able to control my violent sobs. Liam and Zayn run behind me, tear making their eyes shine. 

"We're going to call nobody!" Marco screams again. "We had a deal! Go back on stage and sing!"

I hear Louis' voice echoing through the silent arena. Then I hear his microphone drop and he's back with us.

"Marco, Niall is missing!" Zayn screams back, walking to him. "We can't perform onstage without him! Can we forget our famous status for one minute and think about what happened?! Niall got kidnapped and he's probably hurt! We have to call the police!"

I sob harder. I just can't believe management is that heartless to the thought Niall's gone missing. He's such a pure person, knowing he can be anywhere, alone, in the wild world tears me apart. He doesn't deserve this! We have to find him.

As I put my hands on the floor, about to vomit because I cry so hard, Louis crouches to me and pats my back.

"Go back on stage!" is all Marco can say. He seems so angry, his face is turning red gradually.

"The crowd is a total fuss." Louis replies, patting my back to make me feel better. "They're as worried as us, we can't go back if we don't find Niall."

Marco angrily grabs his hair. He stares at Richard, Harry and Will, the other guys from management, then turns back to us.

"Alright. Call the police and if they don't find him in four days, you'll go back on stage and we forget about Niall, fine?"

"Four days?!" Liam exclaims, wiping away his tears. "They won't find his in four days! You're crazy!"

"Five days."

"Give us seven and it's a deal." I say, containing my sobs inside and showing my face to Marco.

He holds on my glance for a long minute which seems to last forever. Marco finally looks away and says in a whisper:

"Fine. Seven days starting now."

He then quits the arena with Richard, Harry and Will and leaves us four alone.

Louis grabs my arm and puts me on my feet. He wipes away my tears and gives me another sheepish smile, the tears sliding on his cheeks.

Liam catches his phone and dials 9-9-9. 

"We have an emergency!" Liam exclaims nervously. "Niall from One Direction is missing! We have to find him and quick!"

NIALL'S POV

This morning, I'm sitting on the couch watching TV. I didn't sleep at all. I knew it was the concert and I couldn't help but cry all night long. 

I tried to man up but I just couldn't. The unbearable pain growing in my heart everyday has to get out. I can't contain it inside.

As I switch the channels, something catches my eye. It's the morning news. My mouth drops to the floor when I realize they're talking about the show last night. 

I turn up the volume and listen carefully.

Boy band One Direction is devastated. Indeed, during their gig in London last night, they stopped singing in the middle of the performance and ran outstage crying. Band member Louis Tomlinson claimed that Niall Horan had gone missing. 

Apparently, his house is empty and they can't join him. 

The police is now searching for him. Signs have been placed everywhere and it's already everywhere on the social networks. We have few messages from fans, as devastated as the band members to see their favorite boy band torn apart;

'Niall if you see this, please come back!' says a girl while crying. 'We love you so much, One Direction is nothing without you!'

'I can't believe Niall is missing.' tells another girl, her puffy and red eyes staring into the camera. 'I hope we find him soon and that he's alright, he doesn't know how much we love and care about him.' 

Everyone is looking for him. It's a total chaos. We've never seen this, a band member disappearing like this. It's a serious cause.

Then it starts talking about another new.

My heart is so big into my chest. The boys called the police to find me. I'm so touched. They miss me. I'm not alone!

But my happiness quits my body as fast as it came. 

The management planned all of this since the beginning. They erased every signs of my existence. They won't be able to find me. Never! 

And if I give myself to the police, they'll know it. I don't want them to know I've given myself. They're ready for everything.

Once again, I'm trapped. Everyone is looking for me in that crowd but at the end of the day they'll never find what they've been searching for so long. Because they won't see it.

I'm not Niall Horan from One Direction anymore. I am Niall James Horan, the normal and boring boy from Mullingar.