Chapter 12: Alive

WARNING: This chapter contains bad language.

NIALL'S POV

I'm ashamed I freaked out like this. I should've done something, but instead I froze and bursted out in tears.

But seeing the police made me lose my senses and my mind just went blank. I was like a child in front of stranger, frightened. 

I have to man up.

I get up, wipe my eyes with my sleeve and scan the house. It's back to silence, the police car drove away. I start rubbing my hands again while scanning the whole room, searching for what to do for my first step. I see my laptop resting on my kitchen's table. 

It crashes in my brain like a lightening. I just got my first idea. It was as simple as that. A simple sight of my laptop and it all gets obvious in my mind.

I run to the table and log into Twitter. There are again a lot of people filling up my mentions with terrified and worried tweets.

I go into the search bar and type in the boys Twitters. I take a look at their recent tweets. I want to know if they've done something on Twitter recently. Maybe I can help myself with that? Have they tweeted something about me or did they just reply fans like usual?

My heart skips a beat when I stare at their profiles. All of the boys tweeted the same thing... about me.  

If you see Niall, please contact the police if you live in the U.K, otherwise tweet us the hashtag #IFoundNiall.

My mouth goes dry. The boys are still worrying about me, they didn’t forget me. I feel good.

But finally, I got it. Here I can put my first proof, here's the sword for my battle. I have to take this opportunity. I have nothing to lose.

I breathe deeply and my fingers are slowly typing on the letters of the keyboard, ready to leave my first clue into the investigation.

LIAM'S POV

The auditions just ended up and we're waiting outside the room for Marco, Harry, Richard and Will to decide their favorite contestant.

We convinced Zayn to come back for the end of the auditions. It wasn't easy but we did it. I had to pat his back every time a new contestant entered the room because he was ready to jump on them.

Niall being missing affects him so much. I never saw him so aggressive. His eyes were injected with blood, he was almost groaning with rage when they saw them. It's like he was possessed, like it wasn't really Zayn controlling himself. It seems to make him lose his mind and do stuff without realizing he's actually doing them. It hurts him. But it hurts all of us, all equally. 

He just doesn't know how to deal with his pain.