Chapter 33: Dark

Warning: Violence and bad language.

NIALL’S POV

Pacing. Pacing, over and over again. Hope is growling into my stomach, waiting and waiting. A sign. Only one. That’s all I want. I keep looking at my phone, every minute, to see if one of the boys responded to my latest tweet. Something is about to happen, I feel it. I feel the end coming, it’s almost over. My bones are vibrating into my body, vibrating with anticipation. My body gets all numb, then comes back to normal.

I don’t know why, but my heart is growing bigger and bigger into my chest. Something is coming, something is there…

I look down at my phone again. Wait. Pause. Rewind. Look down again. My brain is going so fast, I don’t have time to analyze. Harry, he tweeted me. "@NiallOfficial Come to the studio. Right now."

My heart stops in my chest, then jumps and makes three turns. Harry. He tweeted me, he remembers my call, he remembers! He forgave me!

I don’t even have time to realize that I’m already outside the hotel room, the phone on my ear, calling Sam. I have to get there and pronto. That’s the something, I knew it, I KNEW IT!

“Sam, come and take me, hurry!”  I exclaim when Sam picks it up.

“I’m almost there.” He replies without any question.

Not even 5 minutes later, Sam picks me up. It’s going so fast. I hop into the cab and tell him to go to the studio, my voice trembling with anxiety and excitement.

This time, Sam doesn’t even question me. He drives me there, not protesting or anything. It seems like he finally understood, he knows the end is near too. He doesn’t even have to second guess me anymore, he doesn’t have protest or protect me anymore. He knows the end is there, he knows he has to let me do it.

He knows.

LOUIS’ POV

Harry, Liam and I just hopped out the car and rushed up the stairs to get to the studio. We're in front of the door. I'm watching carefully what's going on inside.

All I see is Zayn, gripped by Richard, Harry and Will, and Marco and Dan standing in front of them. Just seeing his face, his fucking face, it makes me want to smack him until every last bone of his body has shattered. That bitch. That FUCKING bitch. How could he do that?!

I turn to Harry and Liam as they give me confused looks.

"What do we do now?" Liam whispers.

"I'll open the door and jump on Dan." I say, creating up a plan that seems to make sense, at least in my head. "I'll hold him onto the floor. You guys will jump on Marco. When we have them under our control, we call the police, okay?"

The boys nod. This doesn't seem like the right thing to do right now, but the adrenaline only allows me to act, not think.