House Party, part II

Jae Hwa happily gulps down the glass of strawberry milk, while Jeonghan watches her with a content smile on his face. She was so cute, and Jeonghan had to refrain himself from losing control. Instead, he reaches out a hand to ruffle her hair.

"I'm finished!" Jae Hwa declares. She holds up the empty glass with a victorious look.

Jeonghan grins widely at her. "Good for you. Shall we get something else to eat?"

Jae Hwa contemplates for a moment. She doesn't want to appear like a pig in front of the guys, but at the same time, she wants to eat until she can no longer walk. Her stomach growls, very loudly, deciding her answer for her.

"I guess I'll get more food..." Jae Hwa says sheepishly.

• • •

Jisoo was bored out of his mind. This Areum girl keeps on blabbering about nonsense that he doesn't even care about. Contour? Eyeliner? Foundation? What are those?

He glances toward Jae Hwa's direction. The girl was surrounded by the camp group, their laughter can be heard all the way from Jisoo's side of the room. Jisoo sighs. He wants to go have fun with everyone, too. However, he's stuck with this annoying girl. Jisoo glares at Areum when she's not looking, his hatred for her burning.

"Hey, are you listening? Jisoooo?" Areum calls out, her high-pitched voice breaking Jisoo's concentration.

Jisoo's patient snaps. "No, I was not listening. Now, if you would excuse me." He pushes pass her, trying to walk to where Jae Hwa is standing.

"You know, you ought to treat your fianceé better."

Jisoo pauses his steps. Turning to look at her, his facial expression had changed to a bewildered look. "What do you mean 'fianceé'?" Jisoo questions, eyebrows raising.

Areum smirks, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "You didn't know? It's going to be announced in a few minutes from now, anyways."

Jisoo's mouth drops to the floor, not literally though. Glancing around frantically, he tries to locate his mother to question her about this matter that was shocking to him. His eyes find Jae Hwa instead, and his heart clenches painfully. He cannot get marry now, he have yet to confess! He was way too young for marriage. The boy's feet move on its own, bringing him closer to where Jae Hwa stands. However, soft tappings emitting from the stage stops him in his track.

"Ladies and gentlemen, there is a very important announcement to make, regarding the party today." Jisoo's mom says, a wide grin on her face. Next to her stands Areum's parents with identical expressions.

Jisoo's mom looks at her son from across the room. "I am glad to announce that my only son, Hong Jisoo, is to be wedded with Kim Areum in six months."

The people around Jisoo claps politely, and some wives turn to their husband, gossiping about the new arranged marriage. Jisoo's group of friends looked beyond shock; Jun almost died choking on his dumpling. Jae Hwa's expression was a mixture of confusion and pain. Her heart beats irregularly in her chest, the loud thumpings drown out all the excess noises. Jeonghan wordlessly grabs her hand in his, squeezing it as if to offer some reassurance.

Away from view, near the large windows, Wonwoo and Mingyu clicks their tongue. Mingyu glares at Areum with looks that can kill. Wonwoo had to hold Mingyu back, in order to refrain the boy from running to Jae Hwa and bust their 'cover'.

"My poor Jae Hwa, she seems to adore him so much." Mingyu cries, resting his forehead on Wonwoo's shoulder. Wonwoo pats the boy's head apathetically.

Back to where Jae Hwa stands, Jisoo's friends began sprouting comments around, not aware of her feeling, except for Jeonghan. Jae Hwa sighs, putting down the plate that she was holding. All her appetites were lost, and a sudden urge to go home replaces it.

Jeonghan's grip on her hand tightens. He looks at Jae Hwa worriedly. "Not feeling well?"

Jae Hwa shakes her head weakly. "I want to go home."

"Come, I'll send you back to your house." Jeonghan puts the hand that was not holding hers on the small of her back, guiding her away from the crowd.

Chan was about to question, but Jeonghan shakes his head silently. The maknae purses his lip, but obeys the silent order. He then turns back to the group, pretending like he didn't witness anything.

They didn't speak for the whole walk to the car. Jae Hwa was still gripping onto Jeonghan's hand, and Jeonghan was more than happy to hold hers. It wasn't until they both slide in the leather seat of the limo that Jae Hwa begins telling her opinion.

"I thought that we shared something special, Jisoo and I, but I guess I was wrong huh. The amusement park...everything just feels so perfect that I, myself, hoped for something more than just being friends." She says, her voice thick with hidden emotion.

Jeonghan listens to her quietly. Jae Hwa continues her monologue, tears beginning to pool around her eyes. "And all the sudden, he's getting married in six months."

Her tears were freely flowing by now, and they ran down her face like pitiful waterfalls. Jeonghan pulls her to his chest, enveloping her in a comforting embrace. His chest hurts, the organ beneath it beats loudly. It hurts because he knows that the reason why she's in pain is not because of him. At least he is able to be by her side, unlike Jisoo.

His hands find their place around her cheeks, bringing her face up to meet his eyes. Her facial expression causes his words to be stuck in the back of his throat, and his voice hitches. She is beautiful, stunning even. The remaining tears cause her doe eyes to shine in the dim lighting of the limo. Her bottom lip was swollen due to constant biting. She just looks so vulnerable, that Jeonghan have trouble controlling himself. God, how he wanted to kiss her.

So he did just that. Leaning down, Jeonghan's lips meets her soft ones. He didn't care if she will hate him tomorrow. He just savors the feeling of her lips on his, his arms around her and her hands resting on his chest, gripping his blazer as if her life depends on it.

For once, Jeonghan didn't envies his friend as much.

{A/N: A real kiss for once, yall. You're welcome. Oh, and I updated twice in the same week! Don't get use to it though. Please comment, and happy reading!}