Mingyu's "Brilliant" Plan

Tilting her head up, his face inches closer toward hers. Her eyes widen when a soft pair of lips press against her own. Jae Hwa grips onto his blazer, her heart beat increasing its pace. Slowly, her eyes shut close, and she timidly returns the kiss with her inexperienced ones.

❃ ❃ ❃

The loud voices and footsteps outside her door wakes Jae Hwa up from her beauty sleep. Groggily, the girl sits up in her comfortable bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Shhh! You guys are too loud!" A voice similar to Mingyu's scolds.

Jae Hwa scoffs quietly, eying the mahoganny door like a predator. "You guys can come in now. I'm already awake because of all the commotion."

The door clicks open, creaking as it reveals the culprits behind it. There stood Mingyu, followed by Wonwoo, Hansol, Seungkwan, Jun, Seokmin, and Chan. Jae Hwa scans the familiar faces, her heart beats loudly. However, the person she had supposedly "dream" of is nowhere to be found. Jae Hwa lets out a sigh of relief.

"What? You're not excited to see us or something?" Jun clicks his tongue, pouting at Jae Hwa.

Jae Hwa chuckles. She motions for them to come inside the room and pats the space next to her on the bed, reserved for Mingyu. "No, I'm just so used to seeing the same crew over and over, that I'm starting to expect you guys to show up."

The boys grin, not taking note of her sarcasm.

Mingyu clears his throat. He gathers Jae Hwa's hands and held them close to his chest. "Jae Hwa, how are you feeling?"

"I'm well, as always. Why do you ask?" Jae Hwa puts on a smile for her bestfriend, the event of last night flashing back to her.

Mingyu frowns. "I'm not asking about physically. Emotionally. How are you feeling emotionally?"

Jae Hwa's smile falters, and her eyes refuse to meet Mingyu's. "We're not even dating, Jisoo and I, so I have no reason to feel sad. However, I don't know why my heart hurted last night, as if someone decided to stab a knife through it..."

"Do you like Jisoo-hyung?" Chan questions, tilting his head to the side.

Jae Hwa looks up at the maknae in shock. She swallows the lump in her throat and sigh. "I guess I do...like him."

"Then why did you kissed Jeonghan-hyung last night?" Chan looks angry for the first time that Jae Hwa met him. His fists were clenched tightly together, and his lips pressed together to form a thin line.

Jae Hwa's eyes widen. "That...wasn't a dream?"

Hansol sighs, shaking his head. "The window to the car was open, but I guess you guys were too absorbed in your conversation to realize."

"We ran after you guys, seeing how you didn't look so well after the announcement...and we happened to see you two kissed." Seungkwan finishes, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Jae Hwa grips her comforter, her mind replaying the events of last night. She was sure that it was a dream, however, denial is human's biggest destruction. 'T-That means, I kissed Jeonghan back?!' Jae Hwa thought.

Realizing what she had done, Jae Hwa picks up a pillow and buries her face in it, mentally screaming. A hand, probably Mingyu's, pats her back comfortingly.

"I kissed him back too..." Jae Hwa mumbles, gripping onto the pillow.

Mingyu leans in, trying to decipher her words. "What?"

"I said, that I had kissed Jeonghan back also." Jae Hwa repeats, louder this time.

(A/N: imagining Mingyu's face after Jae Hwa said that like ^^^)

There was a period of silence, with Jae Hwa's face still stuffed in the pillow, and the boys gawking at her as if she grew an extra head.

"Hm...that's a problem." Mingyu utters at last.

Chan's mouth drops open. The maknae stares at Mingyu in disbelief, his eyes comically wide. "That's all you're going to say?!"

Mingyu nods, grinning. His head tilts to the side, making him seems childlike. "Yup!"

Jun, who has been silent up until now, lets out an irritated groan. The Chinese male walks up to Mingyu, slapping the back of Mingyu's head with an angry expression.

"Then why did you take so freaking long to make a comment?!"

Mingyu looks up at the ceiling, seeming deep in thought. However, the tall male just shrugs, sticking his tongue out at Jun childishly. "I just want to appear dramatic. Aren't I great at acting?"

Wonwoo sighs, shaking his head. The rest of the boys secretly agree with Wonwoo's silent disapproval.

'I shouldn't have expected anything greater than his lame jokes.' Hansol thoughts, rolling his eyes.

Suddenly, Mingyu claps his hands together, startling even Jae Hwa. "I have a plan!"

"Ugh, the one line that everyone fears the most." Jun notes, scrutinizing his fingernails boredly.

Mingyu glares at Jun accusingly, however, the male was quick to recover. He turns to Jae Hwa, a wide grin stretch across his face. Pulling the conflicted girl out of her comfortable bed, Mingyu hastily pulls open Jae Hwa's closet door.

"Um, what are you doing, Mingyu?" Jae Hwa questions, looking at her best friend skeptically.

Mingyu's grin didn't falter. "Planning your outfit."

"For what exactly?"

Mingyu puts both of his hands on Jae Hwa's shoulders. "For your confession to Jisoo, of course."

"Oh. Okay." Jae Hwa answers, nodding. She looks away for a moment, thinking back on Mingyu's previous words.

The girl immediately turns back to Mingyu, her face red from over-blushing (if that's even possible).

"W-What?!"

˒̫̮   )*ْ

Author's note: Tee hee, I left you guys at a cliff-hanger. Don't hate me pls. I have a school-wide exam (more like 5 exams in a row) starting next week, so I won't be updating for a while.
Thank you for reading!
-Mia.