Chapter 3 ~ The Devil Inside

Harry's POV

         For once, I actually feel accepted. Not that I deserve to be accepted. Carrie is the first person I've talked to in years. I really like her, but I'm afraid we might get too close. And by that I mean talk about who we are. She can't find out about who I am─ I mean who I used to be. I don't know if I'm even that person anymore, and if I am I don't want to hurt her.

Just at that moment, there was a knock at my door. I went over and opened it and saw it was Carrie.

"Hi." She shyly smiled.

"Hi Carrie, what are you doing here?" I asked her curiously.

She nervously looked down and bit her lip. Now is not a really good time to get turned on, Styles.

"Um... I just wanted to know if you wanted to go for a walk with me."

I smiled at her. "Yeah, that'd be great."

I then grabbed a jacket and Carrie and I walked towards the elevator, going down it.

         "...and that's pretty much why I moved into my own place." Carrie explained to me as we strolled down the sidewalk.

"So, you've always slept on a couch?" I questioned with a chuckle, making her laugh too.

"Yeah, and I was just happy to get to be on my own, even though I've always had a fear for hotels and apartments."

"Why were you always afraid?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath before speaking. "Well, my parents took a trip to London to visit family there, and they stayed at a hotel." I nodded encouraging her to go on.

"And they were murdered there." I stopped in my tracks and Carrie looked at me with concern.

"Didn't know you'd be that interested." She remarked.

"Yeah um... I just feel bad, that's horrible." I struggled to choke out.

Carrie walked up to me, looking into my eyes. "Is um...something wrong?"

I looked at her, getting lost into her eyes. "I just want to be completely honest with you because I really want us to be good friends."

"That's really sweet, Harry." She said with a grin.

You can't tell her you idiot, think of all you've gone through. "Well, I used to live in London and I had really bad anger issues, and I did some things that made me run away and never go back." I slowly explained to her.

"Wow, I'm sorry Harry. I didn't know you were going through that." Carrie said with a frown.

"Yeah, a person could be the happiest person in the world but still be going through hell inside. It's called putting on a mask."

Carrie looked down. "I-I'm sorry, Harry."

I put my hand on her shoulder, making her look up at me. "Don't be."

I took my hand off her shoulder and we continued to walk.

"I guess everyone has a little secret they got to keep, right?" Carrie questioned.

"What's your deepest, darkest secret, Carrie Myers?" I asked her with a smirk.

"I don't really have one."

"You said everyone has one, unless you're just a goody goody."

"Am not! I have done bad things before." Carrie scoffed.

"Really? Like what?" I asked with playing smirk.

Carrie struggled to find words to say, making me laugh.

"Okay, I got one! One time I blew off a date with a guy to hang out with my friends." I looked at her with a 'I know your lying' look.

"The guy blew you off, didn't he?"

"Yeah."

I laughed and she glared at me.

"Well whoever that guy was, he was a real idiot for blowing you off." I truthfully told Carrie.

She stopped and looked at me. "Why do you say that?"

I turned to her. "You're a really great woman and no one should blow off someone like you."

She blushed deeply and looked down.

Are you going to kiss her or what, asshole?

I couldn't say anything or do anything. Carrie looked up at me and smiled. She stood on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, Harry. I had fun." I could do nothing but smile.

Idiot. Shut up.

         Once I got back to my apartment, I went to my room and laid on my bed. Carrie is really important to me, I don't want her to find out I'm a... monster. I just hope I don't do anything to her.

I went into the bathroom and looked at my reflection. I could hear voices screaming in my head.

"Go to Hell!"

"You deserve to be dead!"

"...MURDERER!"

I couldn't take it anymore, so I suddenly punched the mirror making it break. Blood was all over the mirror and my knuckles. I looked up at my reflection through the broken glass and saw the deadly look I had on my face.

"Monster."

~Some of you might be a little confused. Some of you may be like YAS HARRY, SO HOTT! Lol, but you'll find out soon... Hope you enjoyed! *smirk*~