Chapter 28 ~ Death

Carrie's POV

     We all rode in complete silence as we went to see Gray. I still didn't know why Harry suggested going to Gray when I told him to tell me the story. Maybe he just doesn't want to tell me, which I don't know exactly why. Once we arrived, we noticed there was another car in Gray's driveway. We all went up to the front door step and as Harry tried to turn the knob, it was locked. He didn't really care at this point, so he just kicked the door open. We then unexpectedly saw Mr. Styles choking Gray. Harry automatically tackled him and Gray tried to catch his breath.

Harry got a grip around Mr Styles' neck. "Oh Harry, we were just talking about you."

"What happened?" I asked Gray.

"He just came in and attacked me." He explained.

"Oh, Carrie you've met Gray? Well isn't that just so sweet." Mr. Styles tried to say as he was still being choked by Harry.

I looked over at him and I saw he had pulled out a knife and pointed at Harry's stomach. He didn't move an inch, he just kept his grip on Mr. Styles' neck.

"Does she know about her father yet?" Mr. Styles questioned.

Everyone's eyes widened and I stood there confused. They all knew, this whole time they all knew. Gray had his head down as Mr. Styles was looking directly at him.

"Well Gray, aren't you going to tell her? Who's her real father, Gray? Who is it?!" Mr. Styles yelled.

Harry looked over at Gray, shaking his head. Gray nodded before he said the words that made my world come to a complete stop.

"I am."

Suddenly, memories started flooding back to me. I remembered everything. I remember that my mother was killed, I remember that Harry's mom took care of me, and I remember I was taken away. Mr. Styles then pushed Harry off him and looked at me, the knife still in his hand.

"And that's the last thing you'll ever know."

And with that, he threw the knife towards me. Everything that happened was in slow motion. I stood there, awaiting for the pain to come with my eyes closed. This was it, I'm was going to die. The last thing that popped in my head was Harry before I felt it. Nothing. I didn't feel pain or anything. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a body standing in front of me.

"No..." I whispered as tears started to come to my eyes.

The person fell and I saw his face as he breathed unsteadily, blood pouring out. Zayn. I immediately got down on my knees and started to cry. I looked up and saw everyone in shock. Harry's eyes were wide with hurt and anger. He then kicked Mr. Styles on the ground and Gray threw him a gun. Harry glared down at him before shaking his head and pointing the gun down at his father.

"This is for my mom, asshole."

A shot rang throughout the room. He was dead, he was finally dead. That cruel man that ruined Harry and Gemma's life was finally gone. I looked back down at Zayn and saw that blood was coming out of his mouth. Everyone hovered over him.

"Zayn, don't worry we'll—" Louis tried to say, but Zayn stopped him.

"No... let me go."

Suddenly, Zayn let out a huge breath before closing his eyes. He was no longer breathing.

"Zayn." I choked out.

I held onto his hand as I cried. Everyone cried softly, but my cries were all that was heard throughout the room.

~ Short chapter :( such a sad one too. I literally almost cried writing this. This probably shocked a lot of people and made people mad, but it goes along with the rest of the story. I'm sorry Zayn lovers ~