Chapter 9 ~ Sister

Carrie's POV

          It was late, and so freezing I felt like I was in a freezer. We were still driving and I was exhausted. Having to drive all the way from California to London was tiring. I especially felt bad for Harry because he was the one doing all the driving, not me.

I was suddenly knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a distant and muffled scream.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Harry. He looked over at me and shrugged.

Then there was another scream.

"Harry, I swear I hear someone screaming."

He started to slowly drive forward, trying to hear the noise.

Another scream.

"I hear it now." Harry stated, driving a little faster to get closer and closer to where the scream was coming from.

We came to an ally and saw two shadows. I could hear the scream more clearly. I then saw one shadow punching the other shadow.

"Someone's being abused!" I gasped. I saw the anger in Harry eyes as he got out of the car and went into the ally. I followed.

As we got closer, there was another scream.

"Hey!" Harry yelled.

We then saw a man. The man snapped his head towards Harry and smirked as he walked towards him.

"Get lost buddy, this doesn't concern you!" The man slurred.

Harry looked at the person on the ground and saw it was a girl. His body tensed up. He then put his hand behind his back and grabbed the gun he had in his back pocket.

"Get the f*** away from her." Harry growled, pointing the gun at him.

The man's eyes widened and he ran off. Harry put the gun back in his pocket and ran over to the girl as I did too.

"Are you okay?" He asked the girl in a worried tone.

The girl looked up and Harry's eyes widened. "Gemma?"

"Harry?"

The girl that was getting beat up was Harry's sister? Harry tried to help Gemma up on her feet.

"What the hell happened, Gemma?" Harry asked, anger filling his voice.

"What are you doing here?" Gemma asked curiously.

"I asked a question first, why the hell was that prick beating the shit out of you?!" Harry asked again as his voice started to rise.

"I-I...I um..." Gemma stuttered.

"Harry..." I warned him.

"Stay out of this." He said through gritted teeth.

"Harry, she was just beaten to a pulp do not do this to her."

Suddenly, I saw Gemma's eyes draw back and she lost consciousness. Harry caught her in his arms before she could fall to the ground.

"Carrie, help me get her in the backseat." Harry commanded.

I nodded and ran to the car and opened the backseat door. Harry gently placed her in there as I sat in the back seat with her. He ran to the driver's seat and quickly drive off.

***

          It was silent in the hospital waiting room. I sat in a chair watching Harry pace back and forth. I wouldn't know how he feels, seeing his sister like this. I would probably feel the same way he's feeling if it was my sister though.

"Gemma Styles?" Harry and I both looked up at the nurse.

We followed her into Gemma's room and there she was, sleeping peacefully.

"She's got a few bruises, cuts, and a fractured arm. She'll hopefully be better in a month or a couple weeks." The nurse told us before nodding and exiting the room.

Harry walked over to Gemma's bed and slid a chair over. He took a hold of her hand and looked up at her.

"I'm sorry, Gemma." He said as tears started to develop in his eyes.

Gemma's eyes then fluttered open. She looked over at Harry.

"Harry?"

"Hey, sis." He said with a small, sad smile.

"What happened to me?"

"I-I'll explain everything later, it'd be better if we waited."

Gemma looked over at me. "Who's this?"

"This is my friend and neighbor, Carrie Myers." Harry said smiling at me. I smiled warmly at Gemma.

"What are you doing back here?" Gemma asked Harry.

Harry paused before speaking. "Carrie found out about me and wants to help me get better, and she suggested coming to you."

Gemma sat up a little. "Harry, I understand she wants to help you but you shouldn't have come back here."

"Why?" Harry asked worriedly.

"Dad found out you're still alive after he saw that hotel shooting on TV."

"Still alive? He thought you were dead?" I questioned Harry.

Harry shut his eyes before turning towards me. "I told Gemma to tell him I was dead so he wouldn't find me. That's when I ran away."

"Yeah, and you're still considered a criminal here." Gemma added.

"You know what our father did was much worse than what I do!" Harry yelled angrily.

"He didn't escape jail, you did."

Harry put his head in his hands. I walked towards the door and took a peek on what was going on outside. The nurse was directing a group of cops towards our room. I quickly shut the door. Gemma and Harry looked up at me.

"The nurse called the cops!" I whisper yelled.

"Damn it! Gemma can you stand up?" Harry exclaimed.

"I fractured my arm not my legs, idiot." Gemma said getting up from the bed.

I was panicking. We're screwed, we were officially screwed. I saw Harry look out the window.

"Get down!" He yelled, motioning us to get on the floor.

Suddenly, the sound of a machine gun was firing off outside. The cops that were at our door were now running back towards the entrance. Harry kicked the window and it shattered into a million pieces. We all went out it and saw a guy holding the machine gun, standing in front of a car.

"Louis!" Harry yelled with a grin.

"Louis?" I questioned.

"How was that one, Styles?!" Louis yelled throwing his arms in the air.

We all ran over to Louis and I saw the group of cops struggling to open the door out of the hospital.

"Locked the bastards inside!" Louis laughed.

Harry and Louis slap each other's hand. "Get in!"

~Yup, that's right I put Louis in the story! Maybe the other boys will be too... *smirk* hope you enjoyed and I'm so happy I finally did a LONGER CHAPTER YAAAAAY! Next chapter coming soon :) Oh and just so y'all know, the picture I used for this chapter is supposed to be the hospital so... yeah~