Let's Make It Official

I let Gavin into my apartment with a little hesitation. He probably walked all the way from work to my apartment. He sat down on the couch while I grabbed two beers, one for me and one for him. I probably shouldn't drink, but I needed one right now. I held out the can of beer towards Gavin. He reached out, but stopped to look at my arm. His hand was already holding the beer can so I ripped my arm away. "What did you do, Micoo?" Gavin asked, tilting his head. I wanted to tell him, I wanted to be held in his arms. I'm sorry, Gavin. I'm a disappointment to you, I thought. I opened my can of beer, ignoring his question. Gavin looked at me with his beautiful blue-green eyes. His eyes are so perfect.

"Micoo, why did you rush out of the office today?" Gavin moved a little closer on the couch to where I was standing. I shrugged, "Needed some fresh air." Gavin crossed his arms, "Tell me the truth, Micoo." Here it comes. I sighed, "I'm in love with you damnit!" I slammed my fist into the back of the couch, immediately regretting it after I saw Gavin jump. He looked up at me with wide eyes. I thought it was pretty damn obvious that I liked Gavin. I propped myself up on the back of the couch, looking down at my wrist. I'm such a fucking idiot. Why did I say that? I heard Gavin sigh and stand up. I looked up at him.

Gavin mumbled something. "What was that?" I asked. Gavin looked at his feet and walked up beside me. I stood up straighter to face him. He looked at me. I noticed our height difference now. He was slightly taller than me. I looked down, not being able to stand the sadness in his eyes. Gavin's hand touched my chin and lifted my head to look at his. He's not usually like this, but he isn't drunk. He leaned down and pressed his soft lips against mine. I gave into the kiss. It felt wrong, so wrong, but I loved it. I could kiss him forever.

We broke the kiss and kept our forehead pressed together. My cheeks went warm with color. "I like you, Micoo." Gavin whispered. Was he serious? There was a loud knock at the door. I stepped away from Gavin and walked over to the door. I opened it to reveal a very tired looking Geoff. "Uh, hey Geoff. What's up?" I asked, trying to keep casual. Gavin walked over. Geoff nodded towards Gavin, "Here to take Gavin back to his house." I looked at Gavin and then at Geoff. Gavin stepped outside beside Geoff. "By the way, I'm sorry for today. I was just a little stressed." I told Geoff, while putting on my best smile. Geoff shrugged, "It's not a problem. We'd better get going." I waved at the two as they walked off to their car and shut the door.

I went into my bedroom and saw the time beaming on my clock. It was around ten at night now. I shut the door and leaned against it, slowly letting myself fall to the floor. What have I done? I thought, burying my head in my hands. I sat like that for half an hour before pushing myself into bed, not even changing. I left Lindsay for Gavin, but he was so damn confusing sometimes. My mind wouldn't calm down until I eventually forced myself to sleep.

I woke up around 6 and jumped into the shower. I threw on my Team Nice Dynamite shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and a black beanie. I didn't feel like putting in my contacts today so I pushed my glasses onto my face. I ate a quick breakfast and brushed my teeth before heading to work. I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car. I got out, locked it, and stuffed the keys in my pocket. The office was full when I sat down at my desk and we immediately started filming. A couple of Let's Plays, a Things To Do, and a bit of editing later, everyone was starting to pack up and head home. Geoff walked up to me and pulled me aside. "Can you take Gavin tonight? I gotta be somewhere in the morning and I won't be able to drive him." I nodded, "Yeah I'll take him." Gavin had his own apartment, but wouldn't get a license. He would probably crash into shit if he started driving. Geoff thanked me and took off. I could almost hear Gavin smile as I turned around. Everyone in the office was gone except for Gavin and I.

"Let's go boi." I said, waving Gavin towards my car. We got in and I started off towards my apartment. I didn't say anything until we got to my apartment, but Gavin sure did keep up his end of the conversation. He didn't stop talking until I ushered him towards the couch. "Gavin." I spoke up. He turned towards me and smiled. I continued talking, "What are we?" Gavin gave me a questioning look. "What're you on about, Micoo?" I motioned at the two of us, "Are we a thing?" Gavin looked surprised that I asked. I shrunk back into my seat. You fucked up, Michael. Gavin looked at me reasuringly, "If you want to be." I perked up at his answer, he saw and chuckled at me. "Gavin, do you want to be my boyfriend?" I managed to get out without fucking up. Gavin nodded and smiled bright. I kissed his big, stupid nose. I got up, went straight to my bathroom, and threw away two things. Gavin watched over my shoulder as I tossed the blade and Lindsay's engagement ring into the trash. Gavin was the one for me and I wasn't going to fuck it up like I did with Lindsay.