One, Two, Three Strikes You're Out

Gavin and I had made it back to the hotel and we're now in the bathroom. I was sitting on the counter next to the sink while he tended to my wounds. "I can't believe your own father could do that to you," He almost whispered. "It's alright, Gav. You don't have to worry about it anymore," I reassured him. Gavin frowned at me, "Of course I have to worry. You're going to be my husband soon and I love you." I smiled slightly at him. I was marrying this man in less than a month. "I love you, Gav," I said. He planted a kiss on my forehead and closed up the med kit. I jumped off of the counter and followed Gavin out of the bathroom. "Do you want to go out and grab something to eat?" I asked quietly. Gavin nodded and walked over to me. We walked out of the hotel room, down the hallway, and into the elevator. I slid my hand into his to comfort him as we walked out of the elevator towards the main entrance of the hotel. I called a cab for us and we got in. I told the driver where to go, which was only a five minute drive.

It was an oddball, fast food restaurant that I used to go to with my brother. I missed that guy. I haven't seen him since the last time I visited. That would be around eight years now. I should probably call him and see if he's in town. "Micoo? Are you still with me?" Gavin waved his hand in front of my face. I looked up at him, "Huh- Oh yeah, sorry I was just thinking about something." Gavin leaned on the table, "What were you thinking about?" I shrugged, "Just my brother." I rubbed the back of my neck. Gavin popped a French fry into his mouth. I picked up the cold class of Coke and took a sip. "So did the wedding planner get everything we asked for?" Gavin changed the subject. "Yeah, I called her about a week ago and she said that everything was set up and we just needed to relax." He nodded, "That's good. She sent out the invitations as well?" I nodded. Gavin ate another fry, the last one of the plate. "Ready to go?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "Yep!" Gavin exclaimed as he slid out of the booth. I slid out of the booth behind him and we walked out of the restaurant, hand in hand.

Gavin and I decided just to walk through the town and see what all was here. We were enjoying ourselves and our silly, random conversations. Gavin turned down an empty street, dragging me with him. He was loving this trip.  "Michael Vincent Jones." A deep voice said behind us that I instantly recognized. I started to walked faster, pulling Gavin along side me. He knew what was happening and went along with it. "Hey faggot, slow down." The voice called out again. That got to me. I let go of Gavin's hand and whipped around to face my father. "I won't stand for your bullshit remarks anymore. I've moved out and I'm getting married. Leave us the hell alone, Mark," I snarled at him. He let out a harsh laugh. "Micoo, let's just go." Gavin whispered behind me. I went to turn around to walk off with Gavin. I felt a tight hand wrap around my arm and jerk me back. I growled and punched him as hard as I could. My father just laughed and pushed me to the ground, walking over to Gavin.

"Leave him along you drunk fuck." I tried pulling him away from Gavin. Since I had lost some strength from being in the hospital, I was in no shape to pull him back. He threw a punch that landed against my cheek, knocking me back. Gavin stood their horrified, not able to move. Mark grabbed him by the shirt collar and Gavin tried to kick him away. I got up and ran towards them. I punched Mark once in the side and once across the face. "Just because you're drunk all the damn time doesn't mean you have a right to this. You fucking ran Anthony off and then you ran me off.-" He threw a punch at Gavin, hitting him on the arm, knowing that's what would hurt me the most. "I said to leave us the fuck alone and don't ever think about going near mom again. You sick bastard." I hit him again as hard as I possibly could across his face. He fell to the ground, unconscious. I held my right hand that was throbbing in pain. Gavin had his phone out, calling the police to come and get Mark.

Gavin and I ended up getting a ride in one of the police cars back to our hotel. We were now relaxing in our hotel. I put a pack of ice on Gavin's arm, one on my cheek, and another on my hand. Gavin had his phone out, pulling up plane tickets to get us back home. I had called my mom as soon as we got back and told her what had happened. She said that we should go back to Austin and that she would fly down with Anthony for the wedding. "I got us tickets for tomorrow morning at nine. First class, too." Gavin sat his phone down on the nightstand. I took the ice pack off my cheek, tossing it in the trash. I lifted the ice pack off of my hand to see if it was looking any better. My hand was bruised horribly and a bit swelled. I placed the ice pack back on my hand. Gavin had already taken off his ice pack and thrown it away. I sat down next to him, glad that he was okay. Gavin leaned towards me and kissed my cheek, right where my father hit me. I turned to face him and pressed my lips against his. "Let's get some sleep and we'll be home soon," I said as I got up and turned off the lights. I crawled back into bed, wrapping my arm around Gavin's waist, holding him as close as possible.