Jealousy Get the Best of Me

It's been almost two weeks since the 'Freaky Friday' incident. No one said a word about it. The office was back to normal, so it didn't really matter much. Though, it was a funny story to tell the fans during a Let's Play. Gavin was hanging out with Meg a lot lately, which bothered me. I knew it was work related, but still. Geoff told me not to worry about it. "Hey Mike, what do ya say we go out for beers tonight?" Geoff tossed his heavily tattooed arm over my shoulders. "I've got stuff to edit, Geoff," I said with a slight sigh. Geoff nodded and patted my back, "Maybe tomorrow then, bud." I nodded, "Yeah." Geoff walked out of the building, probably going home. It was at least six by now. I placed my headphones over my ears again and continued to edit the video I was working on. Ryan had already left, along with Jack. Jeremy stayed behind to fix something, but left about ten minutes ago. I was the only one in the office now. I finished editing around seven and shut down my monitor. I heard laughing and then the office door being opened. My head whipped around to see Gavin and Meg, laughing about something. I instantly felt a wave of jealousy.

He was still hopping around on his crutches. I stood up to catch their attention, "Ready to go, Gavvy?" Gavin looked up at me with a nervous expression, "Well, uh- Meg and I still have to work on that project I told you about earlier." Meg twirled her, now blue, hair with her finger, smiling at me. "You can go home without me, though. Meg can drive me home," Gavin stated. I rolled my eyes and trotted off towards the door, deciding to see if Geoff was still up for a drink. I took out my phone as I walked to my car and dialed his number. It rang four times, enough for me to get in my car, start it, and pull onto the road. "Hey Mike, what's up?" "Still up for that drink?" "Yeah, sure. I'll meet you there," I heard Geoff's keys rattle in the background. I hung up and headed towards the bar that Geoff and I always went to. I saw his car in the parking lot and pulled up next to it. We got out just about the same time. "Hey, buddy!" Geoff smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "Hey Geoff," I greeted back. We walked into the bar, making small talk, before sitting on two empty barstools against the counter.

I've had at least five shots of vodka by now. Geoff wasn't as drunk as me which was surprising. "Heyyy, Geoff. My man," I leaned on him, a fuzzy feeling in my brain, making me forget about my jealousy. "I'm cutting you off," Geoff said, sighing. "Nooo, one more," I pleaded, feeling like a two year old. "Nope," Geoff stood up and pulled me with him. He placed some money on the counter for the bartender before dragging me out to the car. "WHat about my car?" I asked, my vision becoming fuzzy as well. Geoff chuckled, "Yeah sure, I'm gonna let you drive that home." I looked up at him, and held out my keys, "I can do it!" The keys slipped out of my grip, I bent down to get them, but fell on my ass. Geoff picked up my keys and tossing my arm over his shoulder, hoisting me up to my feet. "Come on, we're getting you home," Geoff tossed me in the passenger's seat and got into the driver's seat. I looked out the window of his car and felt an immediate wave of guilt. Gavin's going to have to deal with my drunk ass. "Michael, what's wrong with you lately?" Geoff broke the silence. I didn't answer him and pretended to be asleep. He sighed at my silence and continued driving.

When he pulled into my driveway, I saw Meg's car. I groaned, which caught Geoff's attention. "I'll walk you in," he said, acting mighty dad-like. I let him open the car door as I undid my seatbelt. I felt sick. He wrapped an arm around my waist and hauled me up to his height. I walked along side him to my front door. Geoff tried the knob, which happened to be locked. He still had my keys from when I dropped them, so he took them out of his pocket and unlocked the door. I dreaded what I was going to see when Geoff opened that door. My mind immediately went to walking in on Gavin cheating on me. I shut my eyes just as Geoff opened the door, but opened them when I didn't hear anything. Geoff sat me down on the couch before putting my keys on their rightful hook and going home himself. I heard a door open and I stood up. I turned around towards the hallway to see Gavin walking out of our bedroom, fully clothed. "Michael, where were you?" I rolled my eyes. I heard another door open and saw Meg walking out of the guest bathroom wrapped in a towel. I growled on instinct at her, but hoped no one heard it. "Oh hey, Michael. Sorry for using the shower, but my water got shut off." I shrugged her off and rushed into the master bathroom, Gavin and I shared.

I turned on the faucet and splashed water on my face a couple of times. The cold water made me sober up a little, I think. I turned off the faucet and dried my face off with the nearest towel. I heard a car door a few minutes later. Then an engine revving and pulling out of the driveway. I opened the medicine cabinet and opened the box of contacts I always kept in there. I opened it. It was empty, but the use now wasn't to store contacts. I pulled out the sharp, tiny, silver blade I kept in there. One little cut couldn't hurt. I sat the box on the counter and rolled up my sleeve. I slid the blade across my wrist, wincing at the pain. I subconsciously did it again a few more times. My wrist was littered with cuts and scars. I cleaned off the blade and stuck it back in it's hiding spot. I cleaned the sink as well. I rolled down my sleeve, not caring about how it burned. The sweater was dark, so Gavin wouldn't notice. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Gavin asleep on the couch, his foot propped up on a pillow resting on the coffee table. I rolled my eyes and went into our bedroom and laid down on the bed.