Chapter Seventeen

Author's Note - OMG I AM SO SORRY - literally christmas holidays and came and honestly I forgot. Oops. My friends have been bugging me about this so here you go. Enjoy :) 

Maddie's PoV

It's safe to say, I hated being the new kid. Alone with no one to help, no one to get where I was coming from. Alone. Alone in the big school. Yes, I had people like Harry and Joe, well Joe not so much. I needed a girl, a girl best friend. I could gossip with and talk about girl problems, you know periods and other things. 

I couldn't really talk about that with Harry now could I? 

Exactly.

" Maddie, Maddie" As my own little bubble popped I look to found Harry prodding me with his pencil.

" What? " I replied, I snapped without meaning to.

" Class is over Mads " Well that went quickly.

If i'm honest I was probably day dreaming in that class.. I really hoped no one noticed.Collecting my stuff off the table Harry and I walked out the class, thanking Mr Smith on the way out.  

Harry's PoV

" It was clearly obvious that you were day dreaming in that class" I Pipped up. 

" Shit, do you think anyone noticed?" Came her reply

" Well I did " Sugar that sounded cringe " But other than that no, I don't think anyone did" 

I just sounded like such an idiot, oh my god. I mean now she knows that I was like looking at her through out the whole class. Not in a stalker-ish way, but you know checking her out? Although it was checking her out. She's pretty beautiful though I have to admit. 

As I look ahead I spotted Joe and the others. 

" Well I better be off, nice meeting you Maddie "

" You too" She smiles, although I can see the disappointment in her eyes. 

Maddie's PoV

" You too" I sighed and with that off Harry went, leaving me alone. Once more. Sighing once more, I headed to my next class, Math. Oh joy. Just have to find it first. 

Lunch came around very quickly and honestly I had enough of this school. All the girls I meet were either snob-ish and popular or geeky and nerdy. I was brought up by Mum and Dad to never judge a books by its cover and to expect the unexpected. But here everyone was so mainstream, wearing the same shoes, of course in this case it was the Air Force things and the Adidas. It was like a uniform for every girl to have an item of PINK or topshop. 

Fish out of water.

That is how I felt. Standing there, top to toe in different. Standing there in my vans and a skater skirt just above my knees and my top, with my old cardigan over the top. My hair, not even bothering with. My makeup very little. I felt awkward, I felt different. It was a horrible feeling, but yet isn't different good? 

Obviously not in England. 

I know Mean Girls is just a film but honestly it is strange because for a minute I felt as if I was Katy standing there looking for a seat. Each stereo typical friendship group on each of their tables. Scanning the room, I look for a place to sit and the next thing I knew I was surrounded by Harry and all his mates. 

Including Joe. 

God please help me now.