Chapter Twenty

Authors Note - Wow we made it this far. I have noticed how my work and effort in each chapter has completely dropped. This is probably due to the fact I am not inspired at all. Mainstream Hazel - Oh I know. I'll try my best guys :)

Maddie's PoV

I didn't realize how soaked I was until I got inside, with people staring. I just ignored and walked on. I had a free afternoon so I decided to head home.

The taxi pulled up outside Marcus's and Niomi's house, getting out and paying the taxi man, I once again found myself walking to the country house. 

It's insane to think how just over a month ago, I was doing exactly the same thing for the first time. Yet here I found myself exactly the same as the start, wondering what to expect now. ' Expect the unexpected' so they say.

Before I had time to find the keys the door was swung open with Niomi standing there her eyes were red, the bags dropping underneath her eyes. It was clear to see she had been crying. She looked at me, holding back the tears. She just looked at the floor. As did I but something caught my eye, the suitcase in Niomi's hand. 

" Niomi, what's happened?" I thought this day couldn't get worse but obviously it just did. 

" I'm ... I'm so sorry Maddie" And with that she gave me a hug and walked away. Turning around her figure got smaller as she walked up the country road. 

Walking in, there was Marcus, the corner of the room, crying. He looked at me.

" She's ... She's" His voice trembling, lips shaking as he spoke the words. " She's gone Maddie" And with that he broke. I couldn't face to see him like this, helping him up off the floor, I drawed him into a hug. I wasn't going to ask what had happened. I'm sure he would want to talk about anything other than that. 

It's clear to say that when your upset you want to be alone, but at the same time, surrounded by people who love you. I'm not letting Marcus go through this alone.

" Come on, lets order some pizza and watch a movie, yeah?" He nodded.

Heading into the kitchen, I texted some of the youtube gang.

Dear Zoe, Alfie, Joe, Caspar, Tanya, Jim - 

hey guys, how quickly can you get over here? Movie and a pizza? Don't ask, Marcus and Niomi went through something, long story short Niomi's gone :( Marcus is upset to put itmildly. Just get here asap? - Mads xo

And with that I hit the send button. It's great that Marcus has great friends who will always be there for him. 

The next hour went by quite quickly and by now the whole gang was here. Well apart from Joe. I was disappointed that he didn't turn up, he should be there for Marcus.  Caspar said something about how he went out? Who knows.

" Well if your sure, Joe's not coming Caspar. I suggest we start the movie. " Zoe said. 

We were all snuggled up on the sofa, and as the movie started the all of us quieted down.

" God, I love this movie " I say as Toy Story finally starts. Looking over at Marcus, he looks broken. If I'm honest, I am not surprised. 

The next thing I knew someone was banging on the door. I jumped completely.

" FUCK " The others just chuckled at my reaction. 

" Guessing I'm getting that then." I said.

" Guess you are Mads" Zoe replied smirking as she did so. Getting up I headed toward the door as the person behind banged once more.

I opened it to find none other than ...

" Joe? "