Chapter Twenty Three

Maddies PoV

We both stood there, crouching down. We weren't picking up the smashed pieces of glass though, our eyes locked. I was staring into his radiant blue eyes and he was staring into my hazel eyes. Someone pinch me. I didn't know what to say and even if I did I don't think I could speak the words. As much as I was wanting to break the gaze, my eyes wouldn't budge. I'd been here, in England for what felt like forever yet here I am already falling in love.

" Falling in love? " I stammered

Joe stood up at this point and scratched his head as he spoke the calm words.

" Well I mean uhh . . . yea "

We stood in silence for a bit and just as I was about to say something he spoke up again. The words he spoke took me surprise.

" I mean just forget I said that, it's fine " And with that he started to walk away. 

I stood there speechless of what had just happened. I just let Joe Sugg walk away from me. Drunk Joe. I had wanted this my whole life and it was finally coming true and just like that, I let him slipped through my fingers. I started running, opening the door and slamming it behind me, I ran down the country lane. The rain was coming down and heavy.

As the water dripped of my skin I shouted " Joe! Joe! Wait! Stop! " 

My voice wasn't loud enough, I was losing hope but I couldn't give up now.

" Joe! " I shouted at the top of my lungs. 

I didn't know what was coming next, my lungs were gasping for air as my heart beat raced faster and faster

and 

faster

and 

faster 

until I spoke the three important words.

" I love you!"

With that he stopped in his tracks, he turned around and his whole body from head to toe was soaked from the rain which was still coming down. There he was Joseph Graham Sugg standing meters away, the man to which I had just confessed my love for.  

He was now only meters away from me. He gave that apologetic look toward me and gave a sheepish smile.

" Maddie" I said nothing as I looked to the ground. He repeated my name again.

" Maddie " 

As I looked up he looked me in the eye and said

" Come here "

I hesitated for a second then as he nodded, I ran and jumped into his arms, he clung onto me. 

" I'm sorry,I'm so sorry " I repeated.

" Woah babygirl hold up " 

Our faces were both facing each other at this point.

" Why you sorry? " 

" Cause like I let you walk away and you thought I didn't like you and I thought you didn't like me and and and " 

" You could never loose me, even if you tried" He reassured me.

And just like that, we kissed, as the rain came pouring down. It was cold outside, ice cold but when Joe held me in his arms I felt warmth. Happiness. Joy. My dreams had finally come true and who knew what was going to happen in the future.

Guess you will just have to wait and see. 

Authors note: THIS IS NOT THE END THERE WILL BE A NEW CHAPTER ASAP XO