Chapter Nineteen

Maddie's PoV

Here I am. Sobbing into Joe's sweater. One minute I am mad next I'm .. I'm clinging onto him for dear life. What the hell Maddie?

Letting go I dried my tears and plucked up the courage to say something.

" Sorry I shouldn't of, I'm fine " 

" Yea course, and pigs can fly " He replied as I let out a small chuckle.

Rain was coming down now and fast. Most of the students around us had gone inside and Joe and I were left right there and then.

" Now care to tell me whats up?" Which I replied with a shaking of my head indicating a no.

" Guess we will have to stay out here all day long" Pa he can do that if he wants.

I begin to walk off, but something stops me. His hand is holding onto my arm, pulling me back. I turned around to face Joe. Expecting to anything other than the words currently coming out of his mouth.

" I can't be the only one thinking about it" I knew exactly what he was thinking of. The kiss.

" Thinking about what" I said playing dumb.

" You're not a blonde, Mads" 

" I'll have you know that not all blondes are dumb" I replied.

" Maddie" His voice sounded serious, no time to play games Maddie.

" I " 

Letting go of my arm he continued to talk. 

" It kills me you know, watching you with Harry. You acting like there is no problems. It's as if you have completely forgotten about the kiss. How can you? It's the only fucking thing on my mind. Driving me crazy not knowing if you felt the same. How can you?" 

Woah. Was not expecting that. 

" Joe, you ran out. " I could see the sadness in his eyes, the pain was glaring at him right in the face. I'd never seen him like this, and I know before you say " Oh you've only known him a day " Well it feels like forever. 

" I know and I made that mistake once and trust me, It's one I won't be doing again."

My mind is such a mess right now. This is the last thing I need right now.

" Joe give time, I can't think right now" 

The sadness in his eyes, I couldn't face it no more. 

And with that. I was gone.