Ch. 20

MACKENZIE POV:

"Well, well well. Finally. Did you guys, you know, do it?" Val said, crudely wagging her eyebrows at me. I just flipped my best friend off as I sat down the comfortable leather couch. You could tell it was old by the way you'd sink into it. The leather seemed worn and soft under my touch.

"No Val, God not a question you ask!" I said my cheeks catching fire in embarrassment. I heard Cam chuckle then he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, bending over the couch to kiss her cheek lovingly.

A warmth spread through my chest watching the couple who seemed genuinely happy together. I looked over and saw Shane in the kitchen. He had thrown on a muscle shirt which was cut down the sides low enough so I could appreciate his, beautifully sculpted body.

As if he heard my thoughts, Shane looked up then at me and he winked, his smirk toying with his mouth. I blushed even harder but a smile fought its way onto my face. He then stuck out his tongue and crossed his eyes making a silly face. I snorted and covered my mouth in utter humiliation. Can and Val looked up in surprised before they both broke out in belly aching laughs. Shane practically lost it at the counter where he was on his cell phone.

I leaned back hoping to sink into the couch, waiting for it to swallow me whole.

"Aw did Mimi snort?" Val teased. I groaned and tried to crawl into a hole.

"Shut up Val, I thought it was cute." Shane said walking over then plopping down next to me roughly. The force of his landing jolted me making me fall into his lap. When I tried to scramble up he held me down. I looked up at his mischievous faces do blushed looking away.

"Shane I-" I was caught off when Shane kissed me. I struggled for a minute but then I gave in. When he pulled away he was smirking at me and I just pouted. He kissed my nose then let me sit up. I scooted away from him and refused to look at anyone.

"Oh come on baby, don't be that way." Shane said but there was a smirk in his voice. I twitched when I felt him poke me. I turned to him ready to yell at him but lost my resolve when I saw his adorable face inches from my own.

I smirked and kissed his nose making him smile. He scooped me into his lap and his arms crossed over my stomach locking me in place. He nuzzled his face in my neck,  making me squeal and squirm. I could tell he was being careful of where his mother burned me.

"Aww, aren't you two love bugs just down right adorable." Val said mockingly making me stick my tongue out at her. Cam was now resting his head in her lap and the rest of his body was half off the couch.  

"So, I'm starving and I need to go get the food. Shane you coming?" Cam said. Shane groaned.

"Hey babe, why don't we all just go?" Val offered to her boyfriend who still hadn't moved from her lap. He smiled up at her and kissed her.

"That's the best idea, not to mention we need to celebrate." Cam said jus sting his chin in our direction. Shane nodded massaging my arms gently.

"First we need to get cleaned up a bit."  Shane said. Val nodded then zeroed in on my shoulder making me  shift uncomfortably.

"Yeah you look like you lost a fight to a badger." Val said her knowing face that annoyed me so much.

" yeah well, two bitches more like it, and my girl never looses a fight." Shane said standing up and wrapping an arm over my shoulders. I stuck my tongue out at Val and flipped her off making her throw her head back and laugh.

Why couldn't life just be like this all the time? Just to stop right that moment. To me that was the best experience of my life. Just me and three of the most important people in my life. Like one big family.