Chapter 16 MACKENZIE

Ch. 16

"Hahahahaa aha I can NOT believe THE. Mackenzie Ryans and Shane Wilds are now the clichéd football and cheerleaders of the school! That is fucking hilarious!" I glared at Valerie who was cracking up as we walked into the gym. I opened up the door, maybe I should let it slam not her face instead.

"Aww, Kenzie, you're gonna be waving your Pom poms!" Yup I should definitely let it break her face.

"Finally, you got here." I looked up to see Cameron standing by the counter on the couch with his phone. He still had that shaggy hair and those two colored eyes. He looked at me and jutted his chin to say hello. I smirked and reciprocated the movement....oh me god... SAT word, I feel so smart.....[;)]

"Hey beau." Val said walking over to him.

"Hey bae." He says, then they kiss. I roll my eyes and walk past the two and into the locker room. I go to my locker and grin at it. Considering my dad practically owns the place, I got to choose a locker. Val's is right next to mine. So we spray painted it blue to green on hers. It sort of blended into each other then on my locker it said 'Bad' and on hers it said 'bitches' and below on both of ours it said 'together forever' I opened the door and my door is a collage of pictures of me and Val doing crazy shit, some of my dad but mostly of Val. I slide my bag inside.

I open up and see the wrap that Shane gave me when he wrapped up my wrist. It's old now, worn and the tan/ peach color faded into an blah color, but I smiled. I picked it up tenderly and flipped it over. It read - Shane Wilds: hope you don't get hurt anymore Minnie. See you around;)- I smiled at his messy scrawl. Every time I would hurt my wrist, I would use that one. I smiled at it and rubbed it with my thumb remembering Shane wrapping it.

-"there ya go. See, all good, this is my lucky wrap. I don't know how, but every time I put it on, it gets better every time." He explained wrapping it gently. I blushed at the smile he gave me when he looks up.

"Thanks, but if it means that much to you, you can have it back." I said quietly. I really hoped he didn't recognize me. No one did, not unless I'm in the ring. Especially now with all the bruises.

"Nope, it's yours now, Minnie, plus maybe one day, you'll return the favor." He smirked."I nodded.

"Here, so you don't forget, I'll write my name." He grabbed a sharpie that he had in his pocket. When he bent over writing I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. He wasn't the obnoxious fighter that I've heard about from other fighters. He was actually very sweet and gentle.

"There." He pulled away his smile beaming obviously proud of himself. " -

I smiled fondly at the writing. "Hey! There you are! You're dad was asking for us in the gym. Whatcha doing?" I looked over to see Shane leaning on the locker next to me.

Quickly I tried to hide the wrap. Shane must not have noticed because he jerked his head to the door and I nodded. I shoved the wrap in my bag that had the cheer outfit that I needed to wear tonight. God it was disgusting, the thing barely reached my thigh. An involuntary shiver shook my spine. Then I retied my laces on my sneakers, readjusted my wrist wrap to make sure I didn't hurt my wrist again. After I was done, I got up with my phone and headed to the gym. A lot of the guys were hanging out sparring. The faint, yet strong, smell of sweat and the rusty smell of blood. It might sound disgusting, but to me it's home. I looked over to where we usually soar and see Val making out with cam-no surprise- then Shane looking bored as hell on the floor. I laughed at him as I walked over.

"Hey! love birds! we got to practice, not have public sex, kay?" I said as I walked up. Shane looked up and laughed. Val just stuck her tongue out at me and cam rolled his eyes.