Chapter 17

Ch. 17

"Ok, seriously, Shane. Where are we going?" She asked as I pulled her hands. It was pitch black around us, but I've gone up these steps so many time I have them memorized.

Looking around I smiled, feeling the sea breeze fill my lungs. The wind whipped my hair around and into my face making the skin sting, but I didn't mind. When I looked to Mackenzie her hair was tightly in her pony tail whipping around. I smiled then pulled her hands to the edge then hovering over her, with my hands on her eyes, I kissed her cheek.

I heard her giggle and I smiled at her adorableness.

"Alright, one," I saw her hands travel to my arms in anticipation.

"Two," I looked out at the familiar view then I grinned.

"Three." I pulled my hands away and watched to see her reaction.

Her blue stormy eyes grew wide then she smiled. Her eyes traveled along the horizon, the last drops of sun splashing her features with color.

"Oh my god, Shane it's amazing!" Mackenzie gasped as she stared at the view. You can see the blue water and the sun set turning the sky orange and pink. She leaned back on my staring at the sun watching it sink blow the water.

"It's so pretty. It's breath taking. I have never seen anything more beautiful." She breathed smiling. I smiled down at her then pressed my nose to her warm cheek.

"I used to think it was the most beautiful sight ever, but then, " I trailed off looking down at her. I turned her around so I was tracing her cheek with my calloused knuckles. Her skin beneath my own felt smooth and silky. Her eyes looked at my own and I stared at my own reflection in her eyes. I smiled and leaned my fore head on hers. "I saw you." I said softly. Next thing I know we are kissing. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her lips molded to my own like two puzzle pieces in a jig saw puzzle.I know I shouldn't do this. We shouldn't be together because I'm probably not good enough for her, but I don't think,-no, I know I can hold back anymore. I felt her sigh in my mouth and kissed me harder. Finally pulling away for breath we both leaned our foreheads together. Smiling down at her , I cupped her face and traced her lips with my thumb.feeling the anguish and guilt cut through me. I didn't deserve her, and I know she didn't deserve me. She deserved much more than what I could offer. She should have had a better life, one with out the fighting, one with out people coming after. She deserved a normal family with a mother who loved her. And as much as I hate it, she deserves a better future with an average joe husband who could provide a safe environment and that white picket fence house.

"Mack...you shouldn't....we shouldn't...but...I don't think I can't." I said exasperated. Mackenzie gave me a small smile that makes my heart squeeze in my chest.

She reached up to my face and laughed. "Shane. What can happen huh? You and me, we are literally the strongest fighters in the nation. If anything comes up, I'm sure we can deal with it. Partners remember?" She smiled down and took my hand in hers and I smiled down at her and she smiled back. With that I leaned down and we both kissed. The feeling of her lips over mine felt amazing. I felt her smile against my lips making me grin and kissed her back, my hands gripping her waist and her fingers tangled into my hair. My tongue trailed her bottom lip asking for permission. She hesitantly opened her mouth letting my tongue slide into her mouth. My tongue slid over hers boldly and she replicated the movement slowly.

We pulled away breathing hard and put our foreheads on each other. Her lips were a bit swollen and bright red. Her cheeks were flushed and she was staring at me shyly.

"Wow." She said still catching her breath. I laughed and we both turned to watch the sun go down. This was perfect. This is exactly what I wish every day would be like.