Ch. 18 MACKENZIE

Ch.18

When shane opened the door I swear I felt him curse under his breath.

"Oh, there you fucking are! What you think you can just leave when ever the fuck you want!" A voice nagged. If I didn't know that it was his mother before hand voice I would have sworn it belonged to a man.

When I looked up I saw a lady standing there, arms crossed in a pale pink robe. Her skin was red and wrinkled, hair frizzy red with the roots turning grey. She really did look terrifying. What was worse was that she had her old brown eyes smeared with day old mascara and her lipstick faded and caked into the cracks of her dry lips. In her gnarled, wrinkly fingers, clutched, was a lighted cigarette. It burned red at the tip and the end and a smear of old lipstick that belonged to the old woman.

"Ma, not now." Shane said, annoyance and desperation in his voice behind me. I saw the woman land her eyes on me and stopped there. Her eyes watched me like a predator watches prey, I noticed in the corner Shane's sister was smirking in the corner pacing. These two women had their predatory eyes on me and I was becoming defensive. I already knew what having two women Gang up on me felt like, and quite frankly I didn't care to go back.

"Who's the whore?" The mother asked still sneering at me.

"Funny I was just about to ask the same thing." I sneered, anger nipping at me from the inside.

The old woman's eyebrow went up and the look in her eyes got colder and her yellowing teeth clenched together beneath her peeling lips.

"So the cat's got claws." She purred malice making each word sharper than a blade.

"Yeah, and the bitch's got teeth." I snapped back.

The lady's sneer disappeared and her lips went into a flat line as she grit her teeth.

"Shane, why is this skank on my property?" Shane's mom growled. I felt shane shift then come in front of me as if he was shielding me from his mother's wrath. Or maybe he was trying to diffuse the escalating tension.

His mother and sister glared at me smiling like rabid wolves showing their fangs.

I grit my teeth but forced my body to stay relaxed and keep my composure. The only thing that gave away my complete fury, were my eyes.

"Ma, back off." Shane said, a tone of authority in his voice that made his sister falter and stare in shock at her younger brother.

His mother's icy glare slid over to her son and she let out a sarcastic chuckle. Pressing her tongue to her back molar she motioned sardonically to her son.

"Oh, and who the hell do you think you are? Huh? The king?" Shane's fists clenched at his sided and the corner of his mouth tightened.

"You're nothing. You have no future, trust me. I know." His mom let out a cruel laugh and his sister joined in, both cackling like hyenas.

"Shut. Up. You stupid, selfish bitch!" Shane growled, his deep angry voice raised the hairs on the nape of my neck. Both his sister and mother froze, their laughs dying in their throats.

"What did you just say to me? Why you ungrateful, selfish, son of a bitch!" His mom stalked over to her son and glared at him, almost a foot smaller, and yet she had a certain threatening air that made her seem taller.

Shane just pushed me back with his hand on my stomach, forcing me to move back so my back touched the cool wood of their door. I frowned peering around to see his mom grin menacingly, and his sister smirking like she knew exactly what was going to happen.

"You dare, speak to me like that? Me? The one person who can actually tolerate your ass. I gave up what I could have had because of you. You took everything from me, and now, you bring this slut into MY house and think you can disrespect ME in MY OWN HOUSE?" She yelled, her voice gradually getting louder.