Chapter 8

Ch. 8

SHANE.

I felt nervous. I was never nervous. Me. Shane Wilds never was nervous ever. But today I was. Today was going to be the first day that Mackenzie comes to one of my matches. Or at least the first where I actually knew her.

I didn't want to look like an idiot when I was fighting. I was going to be her partner, and when you fight, you need trust. Nothing is more important that trusting your partner to have your back and keep you safe. I saw Mackenzie fight last night, and I had the most trust in her. She looked like she would die rather than to loose. I also trusted her because according to Cam she kept his back in their fight.

I felt my hands sweat as I watched her. She was sitting with Val in the front. Beside me sat Cam, who was typing away on his phone. I saw him smirk, then , Valerie turned around smirking. Cam winked at her and she burst out a laughing. Damn, he already had her number. Mackenzie wasn't like that. She didn't giggle or anything. She didn't fan girl over me or even want my number. It kind of annoyed me, but it also made me like her even more. She was different.

"alright class, I would like you to get together in groups to act of Romeo and Juliet. Choose carefully." The teacher assigned. I immediately knew I wanted Mackenzie. "Yo, dude, as much as I love you I'm straight." Cam said beside me. [(Not meaning to offend anyone out there:)] I rolled my eyes then slapped him upside the back of his head. Cam dodged then ran away.

"Pussy." I hissed chuckling, but I understood.

I wanted Mackenzie as my partner as well. Who wouldn't? So, I began to stand up, but was stopped by Mackenzie's "sister"

"Hey, Shane." She said. She was wearing a very, very very short jean skirt. Like I was surprised it covered her ass. I usually would love the attention, but today it just wasn't happening. I didn't want her. I wanted Mimi.

"Wanna be my Romeo?" She asked fluttering her eyes making her look like she was having a seizure. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mackenzie looking at me a bit of hurt in her eyes. I went to say something but I couldn't. I was cut off by Marilyn. I wanted to move but then again I couldn't. I looked over to see Cameron and Valerie laughing and talking together huddled. I frowned, damn it I needed back up.

"So, why are you not looking at me?" Marilyn asked. I frowned at her again. "Please, get the fuck off me." I growled. She scowled and sat on the table.

"Good. Now the person you're working with is now your permanent partner." I groaned.this was going to be a long assignment, I thought. Then I heard someone clear their throats.

The teacher was standing in front of Mackenzie. I saw Mackenzie look at me and then away.

"Um, miss Ryan's, you have to have a partner." The teacher said. I saw her turn red from embarrassment. She looked around, scanning the room then back to the teacher.

"I-I don't know anyone." She stuttered quietly. But loud enough for people to snicker at her. I saw her mouth tighten, and her knuckles turn white from holding the note book so tightly. I was getting upset. How dare they laugh at her. I wanted to stand up and rush to her and comfort her, but I knew she wouldn't like the attention.

"That is not my problem." He said. I glared at him wanting to get up and rip his fucking head off. She looked up at him then looked around.

"I-I - who d-do I pick?" She asked. I wanted to comfort her, but I couldn't. The teacher snorted.

"If anyone would waste their time on you, you'd be lucky." I saw tears well in her eyes and Marilyn laughed. And I shut her up with one of my glares, but the rest of the class snickered. Apart from Valerie and Cameron who just realized what was happened. "Um she can work with me." Called a guy. I saw her glare at me turn back and nod. She got up went to sit with some other boy. I think,his name was August? He had brown hair. He looked up at her, smiled, offered his hand and they began speaking. At this point I was..I was...jealous.