Chapter 4

Sydneys pov:

Ben texted me and told me that they had a new singer and his name was 'Denis Stoff.' Me being the curious person I am looked him up. I was shocked to see that he was a total douche bag. He was a wildcard and it made me nervous about him joining Asking. 

"Hey Syd, what's wrong?" Keziah said sitting next to me on the bed.

"The new singer that the guys got is a total loser." I sighed in frustration. 

"You should give him a chance syd, you can't always trust appearances."

Keziah was right, I first judged her as some emo nerd who wouldn't be fun to hang out with. She was my height and really pretty. She was half black and half mexican which gave her the prettiest skin tone and hair. If you looked up perfect in the dictionary, a picture of Keziah would be there. She was going to school to be a dancer and she would sometimes teach my uncoordinated ass how to dance. 

"You're right, plus, I'm hanging out with you. Let's do something!" I threw my computer onto the chair by the door and skipped to the other room.

"Why don't we color your hair. I saw you brought some pink hair dye with you."  Keziah tackled me to the ground and then ran and got the hair dye. We had this contest to see who could tackle who the fastest. People think we are totally strange. 

As my hair was processing I put on "Stingray Affliction" by Issues and we rocked out.

"Ew syd! You got dye on me!" I had been head banging and I guess some of the color got on her. 

"Sorry Keziah, let me help you clean up." I got up, grabbed a towel and proceeded to dab the dye off of her.

"So........ How are things with you and Ben?" My head shot up. She was laughing and I gathered it was a joke....I hope. 

"Ha. Ha. You know we aren't a thing right?" I asked nervously 

"You guys should be. Brusnop could totally be real." Keziah said slapping me on the arm. 

"I don't know. I think Ben sees me as more of a friend more than anything. Plus, I don't think I'm ready to have a boyfriend after James."

James was my last boyfriend and let's just say that things didn't go well with him and he got the shit beat out of him by Ben and surprisingly Danny. 

"You've got to let that go Syd, you don't want to be a crazy cat lady do you?" She winked.

"Ugh, whatever. Shut up and lets watch Harry Potter. "

We stayed up all night and watched the entire Harry Potter series and drinking. 

*Next Morning*

Someone was calling me which was super annoying seeing as I had a massive hangover. I pressed accept not knowing it was a video call.

"HAHA WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!?" It was Ben.

"Shut the fuck up princess, and I had some fun last night for your information."

"Oooooooh did you ask a male stripper over?!" I heard Cam shout from the back.

"Eww, that's disgusting. Tell Cam to go fuck himself with a screwdriver."

"Someone's grumpy." Ben smirked.

"Well I'm fucking hungover, what do expect?"

"I just wanted to see if you got my text about Denis."

I stayed silent on the line and looked at the floor. 

"Syd..."

"I did."

"...And?"

"He's got a bad reputation."

"So do the rest of us."

"Not like he does."

"What do you have against him Syd!?" Ben was getting angry. I don't know why, he never gets angry with me.

"Because he reminds me of my brother you dumb ass!" I shouted. 

Ben was about to say something, but I hung up on him and threw my phone across the room. Just like my brother, I was not a good drunk. I sighed and got up to shower. I looked at my reflection and smiled at the pink hair. Ben didn't even notice that I changed my fucking hair. 

I heard my phone go off so I walked back and got it. I had a message from James.

Jamey-boo: Hey, just to let you know, we are staying in the Ukraine for a week and then coming back with the singer.

Me: Oh boy.

Jamey-boo: Whatever. Anyway, Oli wanted to know if he could stop by Keziah's. He doesn't have your knew number which is why he asked my btw.

Me: I haven't seen Sykes in forever! Why the hell not. 

I put my phone away and shouted to Keziah that Oli was coming over. Me and Oli dated way back in the day. It was a painful breakup because it was over our addictions. But we patched it up after we collab'ed on the song "Don't Go" which was about our relationship. 

After I got out of the shower I walked downstairs to see Oli holding a back of Taco Bell smirking at me. 

"SYYYKESSSSS!"

"WHOOOREESNOOOP" He imitated me.

"How are you!? How's Hannah? How are the dogs?" I asked all at once. 

"Good, good, and good. Oh, I brought you some hangover food too." 

"You're the best. Did you meet Keziah yet?" I hadn't introduced her to Oli even though we dated. 

"Nah, she yelled it's open and that she was going to shower before I could see her."

"Yeah we got pretty wasted yesterday."

The three of us spent all day eating food and watching  movies. 

Denis pov:

The guys of Asking Alexandria are here and "training" me to be their new singer. Danny's vocals are a lot harder than I thought they would be, but I think I'm up to the challenge. I noticed that Ben had a really girly tattoo on his ankle. I think it was a fairy called Tinkerbell?

"Hey Ben, why do you have a fairy tattooed on your ankle?"

"Story for another time Stoff, but our friend Sydney did it. You'll meet her when we get back."

"Sydney like Danny's sister?" I asked.

"Uh-duh. Who else would I be talking about?" Ben said

"Well I don't know. Do you think she'll like me?"

"She's not a fan of new guys coming into her life, but I think she'll warm up to you."

Well that makes me feel better. I got up to smoke to calm my nerves.

"Hey Denis." I turned and saw Sam standing there.

"Oh hey Sam! What's up?"

"Oh you know, just coordinating our trip to England."

"What day are we going back?"

"Tomorrow."

*Next Day*

I woke up with a bunch of drunk guys around me. The guys of AA really like to party man. Getting them to the airport really sucked, but I did it.

"Hey Ben, is someone picking us up?"

"Yeah Syd is, why?"

"No reason." Shit. The ex-singers sister is picking us up. This day just keeps getting better. 

Once we got off the plane I followed the guys to a girl with pink hair. It must be Sydney. 

She looks just like her brother: Annoying. 

A/N

Sorry this chapter kind of sucks. It was mostly a filler, but I did want to establish that Denis and Sydney don't like each other.